keep off nvod or old front row channel blacks out...

bloodstone1964

Inactive User
Reaction score
all ok here ,as long as i dont go on nvod channels or old front row if i do black screen nothing till i shut down and restart then all is ok . weird as the only channels that do show are i.v.b.c. ect.

hi m8 if thats the case the best thing is to do a scan so them channels go away no good having them mine was doing that a while back

but thats how i got over it m8

cheers

thanks gav

thanks gav will do that was think about a way to get rid of them or a image that does not find them ... looking at this 12/11/05 x2 updated how good is it ,thanks bloodstone1964:)

I noticed this, try backing up your services.xml and then doing a re-scan. I think they may have changed audio and video PID's. That worked for me anyway.

why do you want the older image the newer one that i posted has the best feedback as for the picture quality is brilliant mate 1x and 2x in the downloads m8

cheers

nextgen19.11.05 2x(Fixed epg) ok put it on scanned picked up 24 transponders pic is very nice managed 250 channels got ride off all nvod channels and usless front row everything ..the only thing i have noticed is some time when i go on any channel it will go black. but a reboot and all works ok again. so ill leave this image on my box for now if i notice any thing else i will post it thanks .bloodstone. hope this helps any 1 struggling for image imfo. i still have sportster 1.7 05 uk running on my 2nd box .thats running very nice to both on two diffrent boxs. this 1 on a. nokia avia 600. extgen19.11.05 2x.(Fixed epg). and this 1 on a. nokia avia 500 sportster 1.7 05 uk .....but as i said this image dont find the nvod front row channels that were a problem to me so iam happy with this image nextgen19.11.05 2x(Fixed epg) can put up with the odd reboot lol

nextgen19.11.05 2x(Fixed epg

:Cheers: nextgen19.11.05 2x(Fixed epg) gav you did mean this 1 the brilliant 1 lol just want to make sure as it looks as good as you say to me .....

This was a problem for me some time ago, although it's been OK since the "cryo" sportster builds

cryo" sportster

yep cryo" sportster seem 2 help there are sure to be many out there with the same problem certain new good images do seem to help

ok for frontrow for now as frontrow is going soon anyway use the image 12/11/05 in the downloads best for epg for front row but go back to this image afterwards

or until there is a fix for frontrow but i dont know if there will be cause as i said frontrow going very soon

the epg is the fix for getting full epg for the whole day on all channels but not frontrow which i did not know at the time as i dont have front row so the fix works perfect for me so sorry guys

cheers

for the guy who get the same problem as me here goes....

we went NVOD, we use the same image and i thought there was something wrong, but then i realised that it was just when i had pressed on a vod channel, if i stay away from those channels everything is fine, but if i press on one of them then i lose all my channels UNTILL I REBOOT MY BOX, once its been rebooted all channels are back UNLESS I HIT A NVOD channell again so all i do now is stay away from all the NVOD channels and everything is fine:)

i use to have this problem everytime i when to a nvod, plus,seta info, the travelshop or tv warehouse i would loose all until reboot and then there back again,so i delete them from the service file using word pad just hilight the channel that is the problem from the beganing of the arrow to the end of the arrow e.g( there <channel service_id="03f5" name="SETA Info" service_type="01"/>) only do 1 @ a time then go in file and safe and everthing should be fine after that. then come out it and click on the services to see if work if u see error on the top or bottom of the page u deleted something that shouldn't of and u need to do it again this also a go way to get ridd of dead one that u dont need but be careful and remember to back up services file before u start.hope this help.

Last edited:
same thing

this is happening to lots of people who i no that have the boxs

yep and the only way around really is to edit your services file and get rid of the dead ones which makes sence anyway who wants to look @ blank channel or error channel not available just edit them out , if the ever come to life again u could always put them back in.

we still have front row in our wee bit of toon but as everyone says it will go soon i have gav 12_11_05 on one of my boxes and its been there since he brought it out epg on front row and still have not had a problem i love the sharpness of it (it looks good on my t,v)when i watch the golf there is no shadow (if you know what i mean gav)clarity sticks out too but we will all shortly be getting rid of front row so will have more fun when its gone

yep there cant be many guys who still have front row enjoy it while you still have it one day it was on my box the next day it was gone : bat :

When frontrow is turned off you still have 9 or so front row channels, either the first 9 or the second 9 depending on what area you are in.

you can get rid of the front row and other unwanted channel get a up to date image that has the uwanted channel removed and install a fresh image to your box..

Back