Keep fit, learn martial arts

@OP

If you're interested in breaking bones and learning how to fight multiple opponents as could possibly happen in a street fight, I'd consider Pencak Silat. Steve Benitez has excellent facilities and teaches in North London.

If you fancy trying Wing Chun we have Barry Lewis and Anton Thomas, both of whom are excellent teachers and based in London.

If it were me, I'd find a good Jeet Kun Do teacher and start from there. You're much better off knowing what your limitations are or what you are really good at and then finding an art geared towards your strengths.

@huggi

Get your kids stretching, your aim is to be able to bend and twist them in any which way that you choose. Great power comes from flexibility so get them started on doing the splits and other bendy exercises (heads between knees with a straight back etc). I'd recommend Judo for children, it'll build them a great foundation for staying on their feet.

get a few lessons in before you sign up to anything and make sure you enjoy it (you have to enjoy any form of exercise to stick at it)
i used to do boxing and thai boxing 1 after the other at my gym. whilst i enjoyed both i found that thai boxing always felt like it was my 1st lesson wheres boxing was completely natural to me. i just needed a firm footing so kicking all over the place just didnt work for me. to put this into perspective i have no ability at skating, skateboarding etc. loved boxing though:banana:

Back