Just seen Indy4 and it's RUBBISH!

cg010169

DW Regular
Reaction score
Just seen indy 4 have done have posted a review of it in the movie forum but to sum up it;s completely rubbish. I wouldn't waste ur money on it, just doesn't feel like a indy film, it's a cross between "The Mummy" and "National Treasure" with over the top CGI and a story line that a five year old could of thought of.
The whole feel of the film was just so wrong, didn't even feel like a Spielberg film just felt it was thrown together with and hopping "It's a Indiana Film" will stop ppl ripping it apart.
None of the trademarks i grew up with where in this film, Lucas has got his way to much and torn the film to bits.
I had more fun and laughed more watching IRONMAN.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/movies.php?do=article&articleid=39

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no :( was taking me two 9yr olds too see it the weekend their big indy fans but maybe i wont bother :( thanx for the info m8

I am going now to the 5pm showing. Hope it's not too bad.

Little bit of a review on IMDB Site

Yes, this is the movie we all hoped for. Yes, everything you were hoping for happens and everything you were kinda afraid about happens as well, but turns out to be pretty spectacular and handled in the right fashion. The movie kicks off great, fully illustrating how young Indy actually still is. After it's intro, the movie takes a step back, we learn a bit more about the things that happened in the 20 years that passed. But as soon as Indy meets Mutt Williams, it kicks off again and the roller-coaster isn't going to end till the very last frame.

I'll be ther tomorrow afternoon queuing with all the 10 year olds ;)

Ever since i saw National Treasure I thought to myself "If they remade Indiana Jones , this would be the result" - i.e. a load of pish! I hope it's not as drool as NT. :(

I thought Iron Man was great, about 25 minutes too long though IMO.

Just got back. I thought it was good, typical Indiana Jones, but things did happen too quickly. He worked out puzzles and things within about 2 seconds. Good family action film, but no real on the edge of your seat stuff. 8 out of 10

Just been speaking to one of my sons who saw it this afternoon. He thought the plot was a complete trainwreck, but he still enjoyed it. Very funny, with great action scenes. A "Switch off the brain and just enjoy" kind of movie.

Just been speaking to one of my sons who saw it this afternoon. He thought the plot was a complete trainwreck, but he still enjoyed it. Very funny, with great action scenes. A "Switch off the brain and just enjoy" kind of movie.

Got to agree, I've not seen it but those kind of movies should always be considered a " Switch off the brain and just enjoy" kind of movie.

It's called Escapism!

I wont be taking the movie seriously, and i'm sure I will enjoy it.

Just got back.

Yes we all love that 'hard to describe' nostalgia about the indy films, and yes the CGI does not feel right.

Some jokes didn't land, some were funny.

You really need to swallow the plot. Take a big gulp of Slush puppy.

But, it was enjoyable, great action sequences, wisecracks, nice inside jokes about previous films.

If you're taking your kids, relax and enjoy it.

If you are a grown up wanting to relive your rose tinted childhood, then go ahead and post the same old 'I hate jar jar binks' drivel.

Just back from the flicks thought the film was ok 7/10 it felt a bit like a caricature of indiana jones with all the cgi, still worth going to see though

Just got back form the flicks and really enjoyed it :Clap::Clap:My two 9 year old boys loved it to :banana:

Spot on m8 :Cheers::Cheers:

I saw it over the weekend and to be honest I really enjoyed it!

It's typical Hollywood pulp but it's true to all the other Indy films and captures the feel perfectly, if you like the others, you'll like this.

Spielberg has done well and Harrison Ford looks a lot younger than his years, nice flick.

I FOOKING HATE JAR JAR BINK.........HE IS AN ABOMINATION!

Well so do I ;)

I was just trying to make the point that the critics of the movie would have loved it if they were 10.

There are plenty of plot problems, self referentiality that borders on parody, and as I have said, the CGI.

But, if we were 10 we would just say 'that was cool'. We just need to turn our critic chips off, and enjoy it like kids.

watched it at the weekend, I don't know..the other indiana movies I feel are much better -they just don;t make em like they used to, I know it applies to most sequels these days...I was just left dissapointed -I think they went a little too far with the storyline.

There weren't really any strong characters as in the first 3 movies and the humour wasn't quite there which in my opinion made the other movies great especially the last crusade.

Back