Just messed up my first NEOFLEX install !!!

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi

Had a few of these to test out and flooded the main connctions area where it connects with D2C chip, removed excess solder, all fine.

This is the same method i use for the 79 passkey.

Then went to solder the other 2 connections on chip and found them out of line, tried to connect to them but broke one trace on the flex board so removed it.

Not sure if i like these much as you solder onto the board and not the pins themselves.

Anyone any tips on soldering these, might just go back to my LONGER if not trusted method.

Anyone any comments ?

Ta

i have done 6 of these neoflex installs.

all have been great success.

only tips i could give is:
use flux, and finest soldering tip, tin each point and a drop of solder and drag onto ic legs.

Thats my tip to... flux.

I could do with the solder being a bit thinner but even when I had a bridge on the flex I just dragged the solder onto the legs and it cleared it. Also I found that the flex would lift slightly so I pushed it down with a flatblade screwdriver and then dragged the solder onto the ic legs to make the connection. Tested with multimeter and boxed her up!

I just cannot do the 2 contacts on the side for some reason ? The part where there are loads together is fine.

It's just not sitting correct, tried holding down but still no joy, might just wire those two instead.

Yes. Tried that also. Just used wires in the end.

Taken same amount of time and i'm more happier with the connections.

Just could not get on with them. Got 8 left also.....lol

Back