iPhone Just installed V 2.0 fw

earwig999

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
OK I have 1st gen iPhone was on 1.1.3, but decided to take the plunge and upgraded to 2.0

Possibly a mistake. It is all working fine , unlocked and jailbroken but there aren't as many apps out for it yet. I bet in a few week there will be loads.

I used my Mac and Pwnge Tool V2.0, it was fairly simple and worked first time.

You can still get homebrew stuff like from installer.app but with another installer called Cydia, but like I say not as much on there yet.

Also we used to like using SummerBoard to install custom themes but they are no longer available.

The Official App Store is quite good, and does have some of the original installer.app apps just updated eg. TTR, Moo and Othello

This does NOT yet work on the 3G version only on 1st gen.

Last edited:
yea just done mine too, was quite simple. does this mean u cant get installer app anymre?

Yeah, it looks like installer.app is going to be replaced with Cydia. There are ways to port stuff over so hopefully we will get some good free stuff back.

Apple made a smart move I think instead of stopping the use of apps by releasing the developer kit and now charging you for apps. There are a few good free ones but no Video Recorder or Snapture

Back