Just Installed Dreambox...

As I said was not sure if scart was nativly compatable with Component, if I were you I would give Keene a call on the link that I profided earlier, they just deal with this type of thing and are pretty knoledgable, give it a go.

At least that way if they say it will work and it does not you can return it.

@ Lauting

The link you supplied earlier will work fine.

https://markgrantcables.co.uk/index...s_id=71&shop=c1d70a02630a58dcc20bf150a72d5921

Only thing is, you then have no way of getting the audio from the scart. You will have to use the optical audio or phono audio to connect to the same input on your TV.

On my TV, my component inputs are tied to INPUT 2, which also has a scart input. I have used a scart to component adapter for the dreambox and a scart to audio adapter for the tv input. And then high quality component cables.

You can buy ready built cables like in the link above which does away with the adapter and I have seen a cable like that which also has cables for the audio but I can't remember where I seen it. I've had a look but none so far.

EDIT: Found this! :)

Last edited:
Cheers for the info Devilfish.

But I think I’m going to go for the "JOYTECH's versatile JS965 AV Control Centre" as this will provide me with a few more scart sockets as my lcd at home only has two and I have a fair few devices that operate on scart so in the long run it would probably work out better.

But cheers for the help people.

Back