• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Just had a weird text message

Koolie

Member +
Probably spam, i know... but i just received a weird text message from the number 60013.
The content of the text message is as follows;

Please tell us your age
a) Under 18
b) 18-24
c) 25-34
d) 35-44
e) Over 44

(Grammar as is).

Strange, there is no other message/number/wording.

Done a quick search can't find anything on the net.

fizsparky

Inactive User
That seems a little weird, as you quite rightly said.

Are you sure that you didn't subscribe to anything such as a premium service which could've sent this text message to you. The number that you recieved the message from does seem to be a premium service. I think you should just ignore it for the time being, although if you do recieve similar text messages then you should contact your networks customer service.

Finally, have a look at how much credit you have left - if you're on Pay-As-You-Go. Usually, if a company sent a text then they would charge an awful lot of money.

By the way, I'm no expert in this sort of thing, but I thought I must as well give you something. Maybe someone could give you further detail on it.

Koolie

Member +
Thanks fizsparky.
It would appear it's a marketing thing from Orange.
The text was broken and when it all came together, it mentions there are 12 questions ( I assume that was the first one), and that it would be free to reply, as it is to receive the questions...but like you would suggest, i'm gonna ignore it ;)

Thanks ... i was starting to worry at first!

fizsparky

Inactive User
Were you on the orange network? Because if you were, it would've said ORANGE UK or something.

Anyway, good to hear its sorted.

Koolie

Member +
I'm on Orange PAYG, yeah, but the misses done something online (thank god it wasn't a subscription!) where they needed my number, i guess they wanted customer feedback. It was strange because the message was truncated and i only got one part of it which made it peculiar...least it didn't cost me anything . :D

arbelos

Inactive User
i have been gettin constant txts sayin im due mintues n txts from ******...all i need to do is reply to the txt...im on o2 :p

68866...goin to search it now

Last edited:

fizsparky

Inactive User
What do you actually mean by 'your due minutes and texts'.

Are you saying that a company wants to give minutes and texts to you or are you saying some otherwise?

arbelos

Inactive User
UNLIMTED Free Calls! To claim, txt: BT to 68866. Subscriptn3gbp/wk unlimited calls Help08448714184. 16 Stop?txt stop uklandline
PhonepayPlus Info:

PhonepayPlus has the following information about the number 68866.

This is a shortcode number. This is a text message service charged at premium rate. The types of services operating on this number can be ring tones, jokes, games tarot, chat, mobile internet services (WAP) and more.

* The costs will vary depending on the nature of the service.

To stop the service you simply need to open a text with the words STOP ALL (in capitals) to the shortcode number.If you would like to find out more about this service or have a question about it you should contact the company that provides this service which is listed below.

Zamano Ltd
Bedford Chambers
The Piaza
Covent Garden
London
WC2E 8HA
Tel: 08452 252 244
cs@zamano.com

fizsparky

Inactive User
It's a fooking premium number mate, as you may have read ;)

How much did it take out of you credit balance?