Just got two NTL 100's :)

thomson

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ive just got my hands on two ambit 100's.

Ive only ever worked with the 120 and 200 models.

Iam positive that both these modems are pre new firmware as they havent been hooked online for quite some time as far as iam aware, so until i get to test them we shall say they are pre new firmware just for the purpose of the question.

Anyway, with all this sh*t going on with this new firmware crap, whats my best approach with these 100's, whats the do's and donts regarding changing the macs etc ??

Appreciate your advice chaps :) :Cheers: :)

Theyre exactly the same as the 120 but will only work in pure N*L and TW areas as they are I Docsis modems.

Good :)

iam in pure ntl area :)

so , i just clone the mac on it just like doing a 120 but make sure i leave the feed disconnected until the mac is changed to a 120 or a 200 mac or summit, correct ?

Correct me if i'm wrong?? Solder wire pin 11

When you've done the mac,you then have to solder a wire from the 3.3v pin where you plugged your max 233 to pin 11 on the tsop.
I discovered this to late an was trying the 200 thing.
Rushed ahead a bit.
I got a stack of modems with the tsops unsoldered.
I went crazy on ebay!!!

name750 said:
When you've done the mac,you then have to solder a wire from the 3.3v pin where you plugged your max 233 to pin 11 on the tsop.
I discovered this to late an was trying the 200 thing.
Rushed ahead a bit.
I got a stack of modems with the tsops unsoldered.
I went crazy on ebay!!!

so using a 200 mac on a 100 doesnt stop update ? or vice versa ?

a 200 mac on a 100 will be fine, different firmware!!! im waiting on 2 pre-updated 200"s there better ;-}

thomson said:
Yea true mate, i didnt realise that other thread had that info in it, i forgot about that, thanks for reminding me :Cheers:
Although that thread has info about the different ambits, this is the first ive personally had a 100 model, therefore the question I asked.
Anyway, cheers for that matey :)

Its not that different from the 120 m8, only that the 120 will work in pure N*L and TW areas only (Docsis modems) as bigballs says

L33tpL4y4 said:
No problem m8, are you going to give it another bash then?
yea mate, iam gonna give it a bash but iam worried that as soon as i hook the 100's up they will take the firmware (if they dont already have it), iam not sure what to do.

Do i just clone a mac onto it like as if i was doing a 120 or 200 or is the 100 a different kettle of fish ??? ive heard people saying they are feckers :(

The actuall hack side of things is the same as doin a 120 no diff in the hack if you wanna check if ya modem has got the update connect ethernet and power no cable feed connected and then go to 192.168.100.1 if you see the N*L logo modem is updated if no logo is their then all is very good.

bigballs said:
The actuall hack side of things is the same as doin a 120 no diff in the hack if you wanna check if ya modem has got the update connect ethernet and power no cable feed connected and then go to 192.168.100.1 if you see the N*L logo modem is updated if no logo is their then all is very good.

then what ?? pin 11 mod ?

Back