Just gave up smoking.

Cheers guys and girls, some really good suggestions in there and some very funny ones too. :eater:

Not using the patches just going cold turkey : shocked2 I have to stay of the boooze at such an early stage as thats how I went back on em last time I tried.

Read the Allen Carr book and that still lingers in the back of mind.

The zyban sounds like a dream come true. I'm going to try the chemist for something to help me sleep and ask about the zyban.

So on day three now and still smoke free but here comes the weekend....: shocked2

Thanks for all the support.

Try chewing Gum.. it might help... Best of luck
Its gonna be tough..

I'm sure I read somewhere that chewing gum while you sleep is hazardous!!
lol
Seriously though, good luck, Horlicks usually works for me.

Atleast we have someone thats awake.... Well done trabb! (I doubt if anyone else noticed that?) Maybe chewing Gum might help if u are awake!

Only Thing Is Good Luck Mate!!!!!!!!!

i used that it worked a treat ,not touched one or wanted one for 3 years and it made it easy to stop.its an antidepressant and also calms the craving down,give it a go ask your doc

anti depressant ,me and her sister have noticed a complete change her attitude,to me she seems down ,doesn't seem to be as bubbly as she normally is,and very "not lazy" but lack of interest.
basically symptoms of depression,she still not smoking,but wish she never started taking them.

Just want to say congrats on giving them up and good luck with staying off them. The not sleeping at night will all be part of going cold turkey. Like some has said this should pass in a week or so. Hot milk at night rather than booze (Stimulant) should also help get you off to sleep.

Whatever happens keep of them you'll benefit in pocket and in health in the long run. My dad stopped 14 years ago after smoking all his days he's 74 now and I'm sure he wouldnt be here had he kept on them.

Howdi.

Just touching base with you all, today is now my eight day off the fags, (And DogsNuttz no sneaky ones either :)

Made it through the weekend without having a drag was extremly tough especially when I went the boozer but I held out. Sleep is still all over the place though but seems to be getting a little better.

Cheers for the support again. Roll on week two.....

you can do it mate well done

my mate gave up,

might sound silly but this is what he did

he used to go to the shops every morning, spend approx £5 on cigggies,

so he put a jar in his room, now instead of going to the shops he put a £5 note in the jar,

first few days/weeks were very hard, but in that jar £5 notes kept building up,

in a month he saved £100, everytime he wanted one, in his head he kept looking at the jar

its worked for him, and you can see him spending money elsewhere, doing little things in the house, buying a xbox 360 etc

he has quit for a year now, i will have to ask him if he is still doing the jar thing,

even if he didnt have a £5 in the morning, he would make sure he went to the cash machine and take money out just to put £5 in the jar so he felt satissified

actaully i might pretend am quitting (even tho i dont smoke) and put £5 everyday in the jar :)

good look mate :)

Well Done m8.

I was a 50+ a day smoker, and being only 36 years old was causing me all sorts of problems.

I gave up on New Years Day, after 21 years of smoking for the sake of my family and health.

I cannot beleive in 2 months how my life has changed, and how it is not aload of rubbish what you here, My breathing is better, My complex is better, My sense of smell is better, and my Blood Preasure is back to normal, and the craving is completly gone.

The best remedy for you at night is a cough medicine called Benilyn, you may laugh, and not be suffering a cough, but there is an incredient in this medicine that helps you sleep and also takes the erge of wanting a ciggy.

I had no other help, from patches ect, although I did put on half a stone in the 1st month which I have now lost.

Keep it up, and think of the money you are saving, I am now saving £110 + aweek, which now pays for a brand new car sitting on my drive.

Good Luck

Boycie

Back