Just formatted (full with backup) my Emachines PC

lefty1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi there guys, i just formatted my eMachines PC. I chose the advance option which was to fully restore with back up. Now it indicated that my files (data) will be fully backed up. but i cannot locate my files that were in 'my documents'. I've looked in C:/mybackup but the files are not there.

There is a partition on D: with some recovery files and it might be in there, but when i go to open that drive - nothing happens i only get a screen with a warning and prmpts me to run active x, which i allowed, but nothing happens?

Not sure what you mean here so are you saying that you used the recovery partition or the emachines revovery disk?

Have loads of experience with emachines so what model and which OS are we talking about?

When u are on my computer RIGHT CLICK the D: drive and click explor erather than open, it should then give you all the files in there

Not sure what you mean here so are you saying that you used the recovery partition or the emachines revovery disk?

Have loads of experience with emachines so what model and which OS are we talking about?

Hey mate, i have an E3038. I used the eMachines recovery disk and then chose the advanced option of restore with back up?

When u are on my computer RIGHT CLICK the D: drive and click explor erather than open, it should then give you all the files in there

I did this but the file are locked into one file - like a key lock symbol! and i double click that icon and nothing really happens - well i dont see any files appearing anyway.

I did this but the file are locked into one file - like a key lock symbol! and i double click that icon and nothing really happens - well i dont see any files appearing anyway.

is it maybe a zip (compressed) file that you need to right click to get options for?

Sounds to me like it's restored the original factory image but failed to backup the files you needed.

Personally I would never rely on a recovery system to backup my files.

I hope you manage to find/recovery your missing stuff

Back