BOOTP/TFTP bootstrap loader (v0.3)
debug:
debug: Transmitting BOOTP request via broadcast
debug: Given up BOOTP/TFTP boot
boot net failed

Flash-FS bootstrap loader (v1.5)

Found Flash-FS superblock version 3.1
Found file /root/platform/nokia-dbox2/kernel/os in Flash-FS
debug: Got Block #0032 debug: Got Block #0004 debug: Got Block #0008 debug: Got Block #0012 debug: Got Block #0016 debug: Got Block #0020 debug: Got Block #0024 debug: Got Block #0028 debug: Got Block #0032

will verify ELF image, start= 0x800000, size= 155528
verify sig: 263
Branching to 0x40000

U-Boot 1.1.2 (Tuxbox) (Aug 4 2005 - 23:09:46)

CPU: PPC823ZTnnA at 67.200 MHz: 2 kB I-Cache 1 kB D-Cache
*** Warning: CPU Core has Silicon Bugs -- Check the Errata ***
Board: DBOX2, Nokia, BMon V1.0
Watchdog enabled
I2C: ready
DRAM: 32 MB
FLASH: 8 MB
Scanning JFFS2 FS: . | / - \ | / - . \ | / - \ | / - . \ | / . - \ | . / - . \ | . / - . \ . | / . done.
FB: ready
LCD: ready
In: serial
Out: serial
Err: serial
Net: SCC ETHERNET

Options:
1: Console on null
2: Console on ttyS0
3: Console on framebuffer
Select option (1-3), other keys to stop autoboot: 1 0
### FS (jffs2) loading 'vmlinuz' to 0x100000
### FS load complete: 643662 bytes loaded to 0x100000
Un-Protected 63 sectors
## Booting image at 00100000 ...
Image Name: dbox2
Image Type: PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
Data Size: 643598 Bytes = 628.5 kB
Load Address: 00000000
Entry Point: 00000000
Verifying Checksum ... OK
Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK

------ Systeminformations ------
Selected networkdevice: Accton EN1207F Series PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport (0)
IP-address of the networkdevice: 192.168.1.200
IP-address which the dbox gets: 192.168.1.202
Operatingsystem: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build 2600)
------ Powered by http://www.dboxservice-hallenberg.de ------

Same as usual, nothing wrong with the box or IFA, its just that you have software blocking the connection. This could be antivirus or firewall software, security software, parental controls, even popup blockers. You must make sure that everything like that is SWITCHED OFF or disabled before you try to use IFA.

Also make sure that you select 'null modem cable attached' and set it to 'COM1'.

liamcrayden said:
Same as usual, nothing wrong with the box or IFA, its just that you have software blocking the connection. This could be antivirus or firewall software, security software, parental controls, even popup blockers. You must make sure that everything like that is SWITCHED OFF or disabled before you try to use IFA.

Also make sure that you select 'null modem cable attached' and set it to 'COM1'.

liam im not sure but i think that a very common thing, i get that all the time an im using my laptop that has nothing but dbox images and dbox stuff no anti v or pop up or firewall and i never got it on the first try i always have mess around the plug pushing it in and out until it catches and boot so if you're still having no joy unplug it and plug back in quickly if you see the old imge is starting to bootup on the lcd screen and keep doing that until it connects that always works for me. and btw liam dw enigma still going strong on what use to be the chirpest box in town no freeze or reboot since 20 11 05 its like i have a new box again thanks again m8 no more tears.

Hi gentlex,
I seem to agree with you, I have not added any software since i last flashed the box, also, i do not have internet access on the pc so nothing can self install or update, something else is wrong and i dont know what. I will try what you suggest and see how it goes

grant

grant said:
Hi gentlex,
I seem to agree with you, I have not added any software since i last flashed the box, also, i do not have internet access on the pc so nothing can self install or update, something else is wrong and i dont know what. I will try what you suggest and see how it goes

grant

yea give it a try ,sometimes it take me 10 goes before it connects. i'v never got on the first try on any of my boxes you just have to keep trying it will connect, its just a matter of timing just check the screen it should start connect right after lade if goes pass that unplug and plug in again and keep do that until u get it if still no joy you can try ftp the image to the temp on your box but i think you have to havre connect to the tv when ftpin it then use the remote to flash it to 1 partition i have never did it that way so i couldn't give much info that.
let me know how you got on.

Back