Just bought a ps3, a small problem?!

arbelos

Inactive User
Reaction score
cut a long story short... was in the pub the other night with a few mates...anyway, one of my mates said he was selling a 60gig, so said i would take it...opened it up and usb cable is missing so cant get the pad working as its synced to another console, phoned my mate and he said he had it and im going to pick it up tomorrow

but my question is, i switched the ps3 on but it doesnt boot to the xmb tho if i put a game in the game loads...or is there somthing wrong with it? and if there is how do i fix it?

I would have thought you could use a usb lead with a mini b plug on the end(usually a digital camera one). As for the booting to xmb there is an option under System Settings>Disc Auto Start turn it off and it will load to xmb every time.

Last edited:
didnt even think of using my camara lead, cheers will give that a try!

but how do i get to System Settings>Disc Auto Start? is that threw the xmb? as the xmb doesnt load at all, just a blank screen but if i put a game in the game will load fine...

will get pad working first the go from there...cheers

didnt even think of using my camara lead, cheers will give that a try!

but how do i get to System Settings>Disc Auto Start? is that threw the xmb? as the xmb doesnt load at all, just a blank screen but if i put a game in the game will load fine...

will get pad working first the go from there...cheers
Once you get your controller working turn on the PS3 let the disc load up. Once its loaded press and hold the PS button on the controller and some options will appera, hit Quit Game. Once you have quit the game you will be at the xmb. Go to System settings, which is the 2nd option in from the left i think and go from there.

cheers mate put my mind at ease now, thot it was somthing wrong...will give it a go when i get the lead tomorrow (cant find the camera lol)

No probs mate, let us know your PSN once you get connected to the tinternet lol

to get it to boot to xmb properly.

turn on the ps3.

hold your finger over the power button for about 5 secs (it will beep then turn off)

turn on and it should boot to xmb

or try this

while ps3 is off, hold power button for 5 secs. this will boot to xmb

one of those to will sort your problem out. but i cant remember which one it is. but you will hear the beeps when you have got it right. if none of those work, then you have a problem. but i doubt it, if games load ok

I gave it a good dusting this morning actually :)

It's lovelly and shiny once again.

I gave it a good dusting this morning actually :)

It's lovelly and shiny once again.

have u used brasso or any other kind of cleaning agent on urs cause urs sounds as if its the ultimate shiney thing the world has ever seen

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

I'm amazed at how shiny it is, it's lovelly :)

It does look like a George Forman grill however. :(

playstation-3-grill_12.jpg

There ya go mate lol, just seen you got your PSN btw.:Clap:

How much did you pay for it, out of interest?

260 quid...two pads, hdmi cable and a game (well two if he can find pes)...its looks almost mint, been sat in the box since he moved out his house and even before then he hardly used it

to get it to boot to xmb properly.

turn on the ps3.

hold your finger over the power button for about 5 secs (it will beep then turn off)

turn on and it should boot to xmb

or try this

while ps3 is off, hold power button for 5 secs. this will boot to xmb

one of those to will sort your problem out. but i cant remember which one it is. but you will hear the beeps when you have got it right. if none of those work, then you have a problem. but i doubt it, if games load ok

cheers mate worked a treat!...from off i just held power button down, till it went off again, started back up and went to xmb!

thanks again....:Clap:

cheers mate worked a treat!...from off i just held power button down, till it went off again, started back up and went to xmb!

thanks again....:Clap:

no problem mate. glad u got it sorted

Back