Just become unemployed

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have just finished my last shift for the company where I worked for the last 4 years. I just wanted to congratulate myself for staying as long as I did and announce that it was the worst company I ever worked for.

I took voluntary redundancy as did 150 others' from the night shift. The company will now cease to be known as Lynx Express as we were actually took over by UPS 2 years ago.

UPS did one good thing though, they paid us twice the going rate for redundancy plus £1000 loyalty bonus to stay till the end.

I will take a couple of holidays soon and then start looking for another job but hopefully not too soon. Feels great to be free from that place but it was tinged with sadness, saying goodbye to workmates who live in different areas, knowing that it is highly unlikely we would ever see each other again.

Chookey

It's never good being out of work mate so I hope you get something after a wee break.

Well done for sticking it out for 4 years? I guess that's a reflection on the current climate for employment? There aint much else out there, so you have to stay in jobs however bad they are?

I hope your redundancy package will keep you going for a few months mate?

And best of luck finding employment in the future? :Cheers:

i got made redundant at xmas from where i worked for 11 years, (6 years as temp, and 5 years permanent) and yes, it is sad to say good-bye to friends etc....

but i enjoyed my job, and wages were great.

i havent found anything yet, and my redundancy money has more or less dwindled away.

good luck with getting a new job m8.

have a small break and enjoy it.

i got made redundant at xmas from where i worked for 11 years, (6 years as temp, and 5 years permanent) and yes, it is sad to say good-bye to friends etc....

but i enjoyed my job, and wages were great.

i havent found anything yet, and my redundancy money has more or less dwindled away.

good luck with getting a new job m8.

have a small break and enjoy it.

Don't think I could stand that long at home with the missus :proud: You deserve a well paid job and soon.....or you can always not get a job and run this site permanently lol

Good luck to you both - Hope you have the breaks you want and get job's soon :Cheers:

Hmmm, hope I haven't stirred bad memories from my post.
I'm really happy in most ways that I have finished and employment isn't really hard to find in my area, easy access to the M6,M1,M42 and the A5 are all on my doorstep so to speak.

More sorry for peeps such as Highlander who still live in the "old" country and find job vacancies few and far between. I have often wondered what may have become of me if my parents hadn't have moved to England just before my 10th birthday.

This is a celebration post folks, lol.

Chookey

Back