jtaging a sammy help

jase02476

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i got a samsung smt-2100c off ebay and when i got it i opened it up and talk back was cut and that wire that comes from the tuner and looks like it gos to another tuner well that was snapped off right at the junit inside the tuner on the board so i had to do a bit of soldering there and now it works fine but the bit i cannot get to work is when i jtag it i have jtaged about 3 samsung boxs before no prob but this one someone had jtaged it before me and it was very badly done and on pin 5 there is a hole its only a little hole it gos striaght though the board can this be jtaged or is this box no good i did not get a card with it so i can not get the bk that way can any one help thanx

u cud maybe put the pin 5 on the resistor in front of it, try it that way

how much did u pay 4 it

riksta said:
u cud maybe put the pin 5 on the resistor in front of it, try it that way

how much did u pay 4 it

hi m8 thanx for your help you say the resistor in front is it that little chip thing at the side of pin 5 and i payed £30 plus about £7.99 p&p for it but he did not say it was fooked thanks m8

Last edited:
tryed that but still nothin is there another way to get the bk from a sammy if any one can help

Last edited:
well its like this there are a few options open to u...if it came with a card glitch it...or if you have done samsungs b4 you might have lifted the tsop read it and saved it...clone the bugger m8...or wait till u do another sammy and dump the tsop write the dump to your chip make a card and your away!!!!!!!!!

wavetech said:
well its like this there are a few options open to u...if it came with a card glitch it...or if you have done samsungs b4 you might have lifted the tsop read it and saved it...clone the bugger m8...or wait till u do another sammy and dump the tsop write the dump to your chip make a card and your away!!!!!!!!!

thanx for that m8 ill clone it i have got 2 more sammeys sitting hear thanx

When you say there is a hole on pin 5 do you mean the jtag point is totally missing? because if you suck the solder from the jtag points you'll find a hole through the board on all of them, if this is the case just rework some fresh solder onto the test point.
Clive.

Back