JTagging Eurovox Max with Intel Flash chips

nozzer

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Aparantly, some of the Eurovox Max boxes have Intel chips which have a sector lock on them so to jtag you have to follow a special procedure to first unlock the flash.

This is "SunRise"'s method -

SunRise said:
Connect JTAG and Power up EuroVox

Start JKEYS

Click on "Development Panel"
Click OK to ingore the warning.

** SEE BELOW IF YOU GET AN ERROR HERE **

If all goes well you will get into the development panel.

In the user functions box:

Type in the address: 80000000
Click on "Load to . . ."

Select the file "unlock_28FxxxC3.bin"

Click "Trigger User"

Close the current window.

Click on "Flash Programming"

Choose the model number as: DXD426RD (1 Chip-GLA)

In the section on the right:

Leave the box above set to "Full"

Click "Erase"

Select YES. This will take a minute to erase.

Click on "Program"

Select YES to "Program at address 0x7FE00000, size 0x200000?"

Choose your TSOP file (I use "2007tsop.bin" for the EuroVox RED 2007 with Intel chip.

Sit and wait for OK to become active, then click it.

Close JKEYS and power the box down.

Disconnect your JTAG

Power the box on. If all has gone well then it should boot up ready for you to rescan for your channels.

*** If you get an error trying to get into the devleopment windows ****

Power the box down and run SkyMax v2.2
Power the box up
Press start.

This seems to reset the box when JKEYS cannot connect (DCU errors).

Close SkyMax and start JKEYS and try again.

I do not know of 2007tsop.bin has any nasty affect on clones or not ... I just know it works immediatly. If in doubt you can now reflash your box with a firmware of your choice using serial cable & dnupman.

This method should also work with EuroVox BLUE with Intel chips.

Hello nozzer, at last I have finally managed to get an original Blue Eurovox Max up and running again, thanks to this info.

Actually, this and the complete replacement of all fourteen capacitors on the power supply, as at least one was showing signs of failure, so rather than do it one at a time I just replaced all of them. Total cost less than £2.

Would be interested to hear if anyone got it working/booting using the included tsop file, as I could not. Fortunately, I had a backup I made from a fully functioning model.

Thanks for posting and if possible pass on my regards to SunRise for his efforts.

Chris.

Hello nozzer, at last I have finally managed to get an original Blue Eurovox Max up and running again, thanks to this info.

Actually, this and the complete replacement of all fourteen capacitors on the power supply, as at least one was showing signs of failure, so rather than do it one at a time I just replaced all of them. Total cost less than £2.

Would be interested to hear if anyone got it working/booting using the included tsop file, as I could not. Fortunately, I had a backup I made from a fully functioning model.

Thanks for posting and if possible pass on my regards to SunRise for his efforts.

Chris.
Yes, I managed to bring 2 blue max's back to life using the above TSOP file,
can you explain what happened powered on after you jtaged ?

Back