Jtag zgemma h2

loady

Inactive User
Reaction score
I need to jtag my h2 after a bootloader problem but i am having trouble finding precise information, i read somewhere that it is the same method as it is with a icloud box, I have also read that the cypress board needs to have a single jumper, not dual, i beleive there might be two revisions of this board, im pretty sure i read that the H2 needs the single jumper module, ill try to find the thread where i read that, think this is same model but with single jumper, cant find whether the dual jumper one is backward compatible ?

CY7C68013A-56 EZ-USB FX2LP USB2.0 Develope Board Module Logic Analyzer EEPROM

EZ-USB FX2LP CY7C68013A-56 USB2.0 Develope Board Module Logic Analyzer EEPROM

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive used both on the cloud ibox pre zgemma range both work but best results were obtained with the single jumper version. Ive done a fair few Vu+ boxes with the single jumper model too but the dual jumper gave me connection problems.

Never had the pleasure of doing the Zgemma range though as i realized the quality was bad and there were to many clones version getting bricked so moved on.

might be worth getting a debrick service if its less than 20 quid turnaround, though i would like to try and jtag it myself though im not sure of what specific requirements and prerequisites are needed, will chip types be different.

so i am buying the single jumper one, i have plenty of different sex jump wires. Where can i get the information i need from the pcb regarding chipsets etc..or has anyone already got the files i might need ?. I will knock up a little guide when the job is done so others can help themselves.

Not my guide credits to dude1

OK Remember to remove the Jumper off the Jtag interface, I only used the jtag (I did not use the rs232) and connected it as per pic here https://upic.me/i/pd/jtag-zgemma.jpg only connecting pins 1 2 3, ( I used radio control servo extension leads to connect, don’t install any drivers the jtag interface will use the Broadband ones provided.

Pin 1 on Zgemma board to GND on Jtag
Pin 2 on Zgemma board to SDA
Pin 3 on Zgemma board to SCL
Pin 4 not connected

Now install Broadband Studio 3.1 (BBS3) on to your PC the version I used was 3.1.50315.13
Download and install (Chip name) Bcm97358 don’t use the setup exe use the Bcm97358.msi file.
Download CFE_ZSH1_WinbondW25Q32BV (Chip type) and place this file in the Flashes file in the Broadband directory.
Plug in the usb from the Jtag programmer with the jumper off and your pc should pick up the Broadband driver.
Start Broadband studio 3.1 and select View and then select devices, select Bcm97358 and switch on your Zgemma it should now State 'Connected'
Now select file explorer chip name will be 'Bcm7358' and select TYPE 'Winbond W25Q32BV'
Under flash operatons select the boot loader (available from the Zgemma website)
Click start you may have to refresh a couple of times and switch the Zgemma on and off and it is temperamental with the connection
if no success try the other Winbond chip type Winbond W25X40BL from the menu you don’t have to download this one.
it takes about 2 mins 30 seconds to flash

i have seen this guide, i believe it is for a cloud ibox but went on to say that is the same process for zgemma, so are the files the guide lists for a zgemma or the cloud ibox, i wonder if i can get the chip information from looking at them when i open it up, my cypress board is on its way now.

Got all the kit but for the life of me i cant find these files to download, especially Bcm97358 , keep getting sent to same site but upon searching there downloads of which there are 73 pages it is not there.

ok i think i have two of them, just need CFE_ZSH1_WinbondW25Q32BV i have registered at the zgemma support forum but not been sent activation, can anyone log in for me and grab the file and post it here ? thanks

i think i now have all the files, laptop picked up the board board installs it as an unknown device and status wont move from disconected

Back