Jtag Star 2S

czesioo

New Member +
Reaction score
Hello
I have a problem with Cypress EZ-USB FX2LP CY7C68013A and Zgemma Star 2S
In broadband 3, I get disconnected.
I tried with bcm97346 and bcm97358, type: Winbond W25Q32BV, Winbond W25X40BL and nothing.
Cables: 1.GND 2.SDA 3.SCL
Any suggestions?

P.S.
Earlier there was no problem with icloud ibox II
So rather the fault of the equipment is gone.

Very hard to mess up the 2s as the eprom is protected against bad bootloaders, but anyhow i thought on these you needed a RS232 device.

See attachedimage_29.jpgimage_29.jpg

Understand with the jtag itself can not cope and I still need rs232?
Flashing on a usb I tried in a way that's very easy. firstly red light, later it is called on the boot, later it hangs on flsh, after a few re-starts only red light and fun from scratch.
sorry for "English".
Thanks Ferret

So it will flash but not boot ?

If so bootloader is fine try an older image.

In the folder rename file noforce to force.

I tried openpli, openatv, in different versions, the file changed to force, but after a while it hangs on flsh, or it gets scared to boot. After a few more reboots, he loses the boot and only the red light remains.
That's why I thought about jtag but I can not connect

You can try a jtag but as it flashing i doubt it needs it and you may have a hardware issue.

First thing to try is a new power supply.

Hi Folks,

Sorry to resurrect a old thread but would anyone have the boot loader file for zgemma star 2s. I have a receiver with the red light and no display. I have jtagged the receiver and it completed the process but after when I power it off and back on it still is stuck with red light and no display. I think I may have the incorrect boot loader file. All Advice appreciated.
Kind Regards,
Mike.

Hi Folks,

Sorry to resurrect a old thread but would anyone have the boot loader file for zgemma star 2s. I have a receiver with the red light and no display. I have jtagged the receiver and it completed the process but after when I power it off and back on it still is stuck with red light and no display. I think I may have the incorrect boot loader file. All Advice appreciated.
Kind Regards,
Mike.

Attached for you

Attachments

• cfe-sh1-final-20141118.rar
    113.5 KB · Views: 2
Hi Ferret,

Thank you so much for the file. I jtagged again with the attached file and it completed the process successfully but when I power it off and back on I still have the red light and no display. I suspect it's more then I had thought and believe it's maybe hardware related and not a corrupt eeprom. If you look at the Ethernet port on the back of receiver it has a steady orange light and a flashing green light even when a Ethernet cable isn't connected. Anyhow thanks once again for the correct file version as I have ruled the boot loader file I had being using out.

Kind Regards,
Mike.

Hi Ferret,

Thank you so much for the file. I jtagged again with the attached file and it completed the process successfully but when I power it off and back on I still have the red light and no display. I suspect it's more then I had thought and believe it's maybe hardware related and not a corrupt eeprom. If you look at the Ethernet port on the back of receiver it has a steady orange light and a flashing green light even when a Ethernet cable isn't connected. Anyhow thanks once again for the correct file version as I have ruled the boot loader file I had being using out.

Kind Regards,
Mike.

Its a while back mate but i had one like that, i suspected the CPU.

Back