jtag solo 2 what went wrong?

segel

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok so set everything up, went into broadband got a connected device, selected my chip type, refreshed, browsed for my bootloader which was from this download section Jtag for Vu+ Solo2

left the flash operation on download as to the guide, clicked start, completed. Turned off my board, my solo restarted solo, however, still the same as if it was bricked, reconnected it back up to the board went back into broadband, tried to reflash again now i've got the the I/O error.

Two questions really, what went wrong and do I need a new chip?

Best to add my box is a Dragonsworth as per the w with the circle on the board.

Cheers,

Very hard to say mate with the I/O error only time ive seen that was with a faulty jtag connect and when using the wrong driver in BB3

Very hard to say mate with the I/O error only time ive seen that was with a faulty jtag connect and when using the wrong driver in BB3

Thanks for the reply mate, the pinout I used from the dev board to the solo 2 motherboard (Near the CPU 4pin one) from top to bottom were as followed...

1) 3.3v
2)SCL
3)SDA
4)GND

So if that is wrong I can understand the now I/O error?

Have to ordered a few chips from china anyway see about replacing and trying again, have ordered a new dev board too... Process of elimination.

Driver I used...bcm7346.

Will let the thread now anyway.

Thanks again for the reply.

You dont need the 3.3v connected as it will use the power supplied via the usb.

Try switch the SCL and SDA around as it hurts not to try.

Not many people have recovered from the time bomb mate if that is what your trying. This is because the time bomb creates bad blocks on the chip and BB3 carnt deal with them.

If it was the time bomb that got your box chip replacement is about all that will work.

Ok so it turns out clicking refresh numinous times allowed me access and got ride of the I/0 error.

I have since used 3 different bootloaders to no avail. Box still doesn't boot. Stick stuck with the Purple light on/off within a second.

Searching around now, see if I van come up with a solution.

Ok so it turns out clicking refresh numinous times allowed me access and got ride of the I/0 error.

I have since used 3 different bootloaders to no avail. Box still doesn't boot. Stick stuck with the Purple light on/off within a second.

Searching around now, see if I van come up with a solution.
ِAny Luck yet mate?

Interesting. Yes mate that is my chip.

Just some thoughts for rumination... :)

There doesn't seem to be (I haven't looked properly yet... I'll do that tomorrow, at work) a One Time Programmable (OTP) area in the Samsung part and it is not a managed Flash device (the CPU has to detect and map bad blocks, manage wear levelling etc, more code and CPU overhead but more control).

Is the bad block table in external Flash memory? There might be some Flash in the CPU but that wouldn't explain why having the bad blocks registered in there could be fixed by replacing the external NAND Flash. If they were stored in the CPU and the external NAND Flash was replaced the CPU would still avoid the bad blocks.

Is there something (or the bad block table) written into an external Flash address and the CPU can identify the Flash from that but something fails if the whole Flash is blank? With a blank device all addresses would read as "1" which might be do-able with a bit of a bus hijack depending on the speed.

Back