JTAG Parallel Cable

liamrsi

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, i know its a silly question and has probably been asked a thousand times, but i couldnt find the exact answer in search.

The parallel cable i need to get has to be a double feemale connection for computer and JTAG, am i correct?

Thanks

Hi all, i know its a silly question and has probably been asked a thousand times, but i couldnt find the exact answer in search.

The parallel cable i need to get has to be a double feemale connection for computer and JTAG, am i correct?

Thanks

No mate ,the one i use is male one end and female the other

Oh, so just a normal cable will do then!!

Will have a look when i get home, for some reason i thought it was the same as the back of the computer, but i suppose that wouldnt make real sence!!

Oh, so just a normal cable will do then!!

Will have a look when i get home, for some reason i thought it was the same as the back of the computer, but i suppose that wouldnt make real sence!!
The Jtag has a male connector on it,and the port on your pc should be female.
Hope this helps.

It isn't 'normal' . There's no such thing as normal..... It has to be an extension cable, where all pins are wired 1 to 1.

Bear this in mind, take the shroud off the jtag and then you can plug the jtag straight into the LPT port at the back of your PC. Providing you can get the box close enough.

Works for me.

Back