Joshua v Ruiz

AJ did what he had to do, but I think if he goes up against Deontay Wilder he will get slaughtered.

Crap fight.
10 rounds AJ run around the ring.
I like AJ. But there is something about him that does not make him a true world champion.

Hard to beat 1990s heavy weights.
Just seems different now.
The likes of tysons getting in the ring like caged animal ready to unleash a show.
Seems them kind of fights are long gone.
But it is what it is.
(poor title fight)

I enjoyed watching the analysis program of the first fight last night. You could see people in the crowd with their heads in their hands as Joshua was getting beaten, they must have had large bets on AJ :), you could see how stunned they were and at what was happening.

Tyson was the boy hungry knocked most of them out with just a body shot ect

Think it's now about the cash and hope they can sell it for the promoters

Don't really class josh as a good heavyweight but hey all about bums on seats and sales

Tyson was the boy hungry knocked most of them out with just a body shot ect

Think it's now about the cash and hope they can sell it for the promoters

Don't really class josh as a good heavyweight but hey all about bums on seats and sales
That is what it is.
Then it was “don king”.
Now it is “hearns”.

I really enjoy boxing as sport.
But the hype and talent is not what i grew up with.
If thats what people expect now in world title fights...... i would rather ring marty mc fly and doc up to take me back to the 90s.
But fair play to AJ.
It was a win for him.

Thats all it was..... “a win”
Not a fight that people expect for £25.
Should of been on channel 5.
👍🏼

It was a brilliant fight by AJ. He went out there and did exactly what he needed to do to regain his titles. Ruiz is a big puncher, a bulldozer who has to be kept at a distance.
AJ's plan worked to perfection and was reflected in the massive points difference. It was a masterclass :cool:

Crap fight.
10 rounds AJ run around the ring.
I like AJ. But there is something about him that does not make him a true world champion.

Hard to beat 1990s heavy weights.
Just seems different now.
The likes of tysons getting in the ring like caged animal ready to unleash a show.
Seems them kind of fights are long gone.
But it is what it is.
(poor title fight)

AJ out boxed Ruiz, and that's what boxing is about. He couldn't go toe to toe with Ruiz as he would've been banged out. Class show from AJ showing his skills and schooling the opponent. There is more to boxing than banging someone out, it takes skill as well as power.

Sugar Ray would've been proud of the performance. As for Wilder, he's a 1 trick pony, he's got dynamite in his hands, but he cannot box, he was getting schooled by Ortiz losing heavily on points, then bang. Same reason that he was doing so badly against Fury, he was being out boxed.

AJ did what was required and necessary to win his belts back, he couldn't get into a brawl with Ruiz as he would lose, so he used his brain and boxed clever and won his titles back. The best boxers in the world have been able to out think, and therefore out box their opponents, Ali, Calzaghe, Mayweather Jr, Canelo, Sugar Ray. Boxing is more than just knock out power, although in the HW division it does only take one punch as many many boxers have found in the past.

If you're looking for that type of action, then you're better off watching UFC, or BKB, but then people complain about grappling (Which is a skill unto itself).

Back