Josh Brooks,No question, I have to win

bretttina

Inactive User
Reaction score
HM Plant Honda's Josh Brookes lies second of the Title Fighters ahead of this weekend's season finale at Oulton Park and the hard-charging Australian won't be fazed going into the triple-header round this weekend as he sets his sights on defeating his rivals.

Brookes has won the most races of the six Title Fighters this season, but had a challenging round at the Cheshire circuit back in May which he is looking to change around this weekend. There are just eleven points separating him from championship leader Tommy Hill and Brookes is determined to leave the final round with a maiden BSB crown.

Brookes said: "We are in a stronger position going into the final round than we were going into Silverstone so we are feeling confident ahead of Oulton Park. The pressure is now on everyone, but I have been in a similar position before so for me I will just do what I have done at every other round; turn up with the intention of winning. All of us will be riding at the top of our game at Oulton Park, every point is so important and could mean the difference between being champion and losing out. Simply in my own mind I have to win; it just has to happen."

The final round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship will take place at Oulton Park (8/9/10 October) and will be the Showdown decider. For more information visit Oulton Park – news, event tickets, testing, trackdays and driving gifts from the official site or call 0870 950 9000.

Back