Jones joins Potters

Dutcho

VIP POOF
VIP Member
Reaction score
Stoke have snapped up Kenwyne Jones for a record-breaking £8million from top flight rivals Sunderland.

As exclusively revealed by skysports.com last week Stoke were lining up a move for Jones to bolster their attacking options.

The Potters have smashed their transfer record in order to snap up a striker of proven Premier League pedigree.

Jones fits that bill and the Trinidad & Tobago international has penned a four-year contract at the Britannia Stadium.

The move sees Jones return to Stoke for the second time in his career, with Tony Pulis having brought him in on loan back in 2005.

The pair have now been reunited and the Potters boss is delighted to have secured the signature of one of his top targets.

"Kenwyne is unplayable on his day, which is why this is a fantastic signing for this football club," Pulis told the club's official website.
Exciting

"We need goals in our team and we also need strong competition among our strikers if we are to continue improving at this level.

"Kenwyne will give us that. It's no secret that I am one of his biggest admirers, he did a smashing job for us when he was here on loan. He was very young back then, but I believe that he has the best years ahead of him."

Jones, who started his League career with Southampton before joining Sunderland in 2007, admits the opportunity to return to familiar surroundings had a major bearing on his decision to join Stoke.

"The fact that I know the manager, some of the players and the place so well has obviously been an influence upon me coming here," said the 25-year-old frontman.

"This is an exciting new chapter in my career and I want to do my best for a club that has clearly had great success since I was last here.

"I am looking forward to the challenge of helping Stoke build upon the progress it has made over the past two years in the Premier League."

For 8 Million I'll drive the donkey there myself :) My only worry now is the only strikers we have that are any good are Bent (back injury) and campbell, Lets hope we sign another before the that of the season.

Poor Potters we just robbed you of £8 MILLION lol.. Bye Bye Kenwyn Bye Bye.... Good Riddance u lazy sh!t lol

Last edited by a moderator:
you need that 8mil anyway cause next season you be going down down down lol

yep , gotta agree , he is one bone idol lazy tvvat.

bruce must be pissin his sides !!.

For 8 Million I'll drive the donkey there myself :) My only worry now is the only strikers we have that are any good are Bent (back injury) and campbell, Lets hope we sign another before the that of the season.

Looks like you'll be getting Danny Welbeck on loan

Tony Pullis just said that the payments have been spread over the 4yrs. So 8 million over 4 years. Sunderland are just happy to get rid of the donkey I would guess.

just been on sunderland site looks like lot you are pi s s ed with him going lol
jones be good with fuller upfront you wait and see

quote ok, now for the rabbit out the hat bruce.... if that bunny is heskey god help us"

looks like hes going to be replaced by heskey lmfao you stick with the donkey lol
love itttt

Sunderland Fans Are Going Nuts
« Thread Started on Aug 11, 2010, 6:40pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=514623

Bruce Out! Geordie ****!

Rip off

Joke

Bruce should be forced to resign

I'm absolutely gutted

Last edited:
You know what, the amount of times I've seen Jones be a lazy twat on the pitch is more than I care to remember.

I think it's a crackin bit of business off loading him, good luck to you. This is one of many fans I know of that are glad to see him go.

You know what, the amount of times I've seen Jones be a lazy twat on the pitch is more than I care to remember.

I think it's a crackin bit of business off loading him, good luck to you. This is one of many fans I know of that are glad to see him go.

You'll probs find that the heskey rumor was started by a mag ;)

Last edited:
Back