Jim Davidson writes to home secretary

jaffa

Inactive User
Reaction score
THIS is a full copy of Jim Davidson's letter to the Home Secretary

Dear Home Secretary,

I have never before been driven to write an open letter to a Home Secretary.

Usually I air my frustrations on stage. I tell people how badly our country is being managed, we all have a good laugh and think to ourselves, ‘surely someone will do something about it, surely the politicians will put it right'. Well?

Great Britain is becoming a dangerous place to live. People feel unsafe to walk the streetsletter in...in daylight!

How many more people have to lose their life before you get off your backside and do something Home Secretary?

I, like many people, have left the UK and live abroad. We all have our various reasons for doing so, but everyone I speak to says the same thing ..."It's not safe in our own country". And it isn't. Whose fault is that? Yours!

The once great police force is now a politically correct toothless tiger. Decent coppers reduced to the ranks of deskbound prisoners of your ridiculous policies and political correctness.

The police have lost the ability to look after us. Are the police frightened to nick anyone? Or maybe they just don’t have the time! PC used to stand for Police Constable. Now it stands for everything that is preventing coppers protecting us! Do you realise that if this PC stuff is not dealt with, all it will do is fuel the bigots.

It is as plain as the nose on your face that there is no deterrent. It pays to be a criminal. Take you chances, and if by some small chance you get caught ...how bad’s jail? You can see all your mates!

We have lots of jails here in Dubai but they are not very full. Can you guess why? Here people are scared to death of breaking the law.

Get caught drinking and driving and you’re banged up; start fighting and you're banged up; be drunk in public and be banged up.

Now, let’s take the last one. In Dubai we drink as much as we want, but don't cause trouble, not even a little bit.

Consequently there are no drunks on the streets. Soon people get used to a better way of life and realise why there is this law.

People don't cause trouble because they are used to not causing trouble because the law is enforced. Why couldn't that happen in the UK? Do not blame the pubs or the breweries, blame the people who get drunk and then cause trouble. Don’t nick people for just being drunk.

People have to enjoy themselves. Nick the drunk ones who turn into yobs whilst drunk. (I talk from experience!) You have to take action.

Stop the yobs. Bang 'em up! You are the boss - DO SOMETHING! Go out, to any town in the U K, on a Saturday night when the clubs turn out. I dare you.

You would not be safe. Rambo wouldn't be safe! Who's to blame for this? You are! Blame the Human Rights brigade; blame the magistrates if you like; blame the Police for not getting a grip.

The real blame lies with you, for trying to find a solution that isn't the obvious one. It’s quite simple, nick the bad guys and protect the victims, not the other way round.

Last week I was in the UK and in one of England's prettiest villages I was threatened and assaulted by a thug. A witness and I called the Police to remove this person from my face! (The police station was 100 yards from the incident.)

The person (not a police officer) on the phone told me to go to the regional station, miles away, and make a statement.

I told them all I wanted was a copper to come and tell this bloke to wind his neck in. When I was told that was not possible, I told them I would get my personal security team to sort it out. The person then told me that they knew who I was and if anything happens to the thug I would be held responsible and then they hung up!

I called again to register my disgust and got another civvy who said that I was quite right and maybe the other person was having a hard day. They told me they'd send a police officer round. ..That’s more like it.

Half an hour later I was telephoned by a police officer who told me I had to come to headquarters to make a statement or they couldn’t do anything.

I had to leave for the airport and said "I don't have time. Can the other witness make a statement"? I asked. “No” they said. Since when can't a witness make a witness statement? I was told I could make a statement when I come back in August. "Please yourself" they spat! Charming!

I asked the police officer who I could speak to if I wasn't happy with the way I was being treated? They said" I'm not sitting here listening to you say you're going to complain about me" and then got short tempered.

So now I have to take my security team home with me! What about the people who don't have a gang of ex-Hereford hooligans looking after them? Eh? Home Secretary?!!

You should be ashamed of yourself. What are you going to do? Nothing! You won’t do anything will you? Apart from lock some old lady up for council tax evasion.

Is this Labour’s policing policy? "We can’t protect you and your family, and if you try to protect yourself or your loved ones, we will arrest you".

Shame on you and the Government.

Jim Davidson OBE

Source

Well said Mr. Davidson.

He speaks the absolute truth IMO.

i agree with what he says. alot of people slag him off but i think he speaks the truth of what some people dont want to say out loud

complete truth but will be ignored .
P.C brigade destroyed the basics of this country.
Bring back birch ,cane belt .
I got the belt loads of times but it was deserved i was a gobshite smart arse at school but you didnae fook with the teachers that were good at the taw:Clap:

He speaks complete sense. Not sure it has anything to do with PC brigade but is just reflective of how poorly the country has been run for the last 10 years.

its an interesting letter - nothing to do with the semi-mythical PC brigade that has some people here cowering in fear.

He is right when he says the police force is toothless, however some of the blame for the polices inability to police us has to lie with them. Roll on the next election so we can have a breath of fresh air in No 10.

There was one thing I found quite odd about his letter, he mentions how great Dubai is as all the criminals get locked up etc, but then near the end seems to suggest he has a team of ex-SAS bodyguards there? And that he will need to bring them with him when he visits the UK next?

@Karym6, he might have meant his body guards/airport flying from say mids to london while staying in UK.

I read a book about him few years back and one thing i have to agree on with him aswell is his charity stand, He refused to give to the usual comic relief etc and said if i can get folk to give that £1 to our air ambulance or coast guards who don't get goverment funds then great.

I also refuse to give to comic relief - I couldnt do that in good conscience while there are so many charities in the UK that need our help.

I feel that some of the points he has made in this letter are true.

There was one thing I found quite odd about his letter, he mentions how great Dubai is as all the criminals get locked up etc, but then near the end seems to suggest he has a team of ex-SAS bodyguards there? And that he will need to bring them with him when he visits the UK next?

I understood it to mean he feels he needs his "Hereford Hoolies" (not quite the SAS) when visiting home (UK) and that he needs protection when visiting his home country...?

I think the only time we will see a change in how they tackle the knife culture at the moment is if a son/husband of one of the useless mp's who make up these softly softly rules is lying on that slab, untill then its we're ok Jack.
Personly think JD hit it on the head, crims have more rights then anyone.

I understood it to mean he feels he needs his "Hereford Hoolies" (not quite the SAS) when visiting home (UK) and that he needs protection when visiting his home country...?
I think it also suggests he has a security team in dubai.

Oh by the way, he is also coming on tour again in August and September. Hmmm, nice ploy to get people interested in him.

Oh by the way, he is also coming on tour again in August and September. Hmmm, nice ploy to get people interested in him.

Good point and he is only living in Dubai because of tax reasons not because of knife crime and the fact he feels unsafe, the : asshole

Now here I am agreeing with Herbie - whatever next!!!!

:) :) :)

Lol he's my best mate and lives a few doors up, I will let him know you remembered him, he never told me he was so famous on this site

I don't usually get involved in these "politically charged" stories, since they usually just descend into abuse, but I can't not comment on this one.

Is Jim Davidson seriously saying that the judicial and law enforcement authorities are better in the UAE than the UK? I think every single humanitarian and ngo organization would disagree. Even the US government says "The U.S. Department of State notes in its annual report on human rights practices that numerous fundamental practices and policies violate human rights in the United Arab Emirates."

Sure, multimillionaire expats living in their guarded mansions in the "green zone" areas have it good, but that says nothing about the vast majority of the population. If ever there was a case of "out of sight, out of mind", this is it.

As pointed out above, he's not prepared to pay any tax to improve the situation, so how can he complain? Idiot.

Anyway, rant over.

Back