Jim Davidson writes to home secretary

I Think he's paid more Tax in UK over the years than you've had Hot Dinners n Sex!!
Don't blame him or anyone from leaveing this STUPID country...UK is gone to DOGS n Won't come back unless we have a Huge RIOT!

I Think he's paid more Tax in UK over the years than you've had Hot Dinners n Sex!!
Don't blame him or anyone from leaveing this STUPID country...UK is gone to DOGS n Won't come back unless we have a Huge RIOT!

This is a wonderful country and I would rather live here than anywhere else.

It's no more going to the dogs now than it ever was.

That's not to say all is perfect but then it never was.

When I was a kid people used to say the country has gone to the dogs.

I remember hearing about the Maastricht treaty years back, and how that was sending the country down the pipes.

I remember hearing the same things when labour came to power as well - so is it just easier for people to say the country is going down the pan instead, regardless?

This is a wonderful country and I would rather live here than anywhere else.

It's no more going to the dogs now than it ever was.

That's not to say all is perfect but then it never was.

I'd have to agree with Hamba here.

Nothing is ever perfect and in the current climate there are things that ppl are really pissed off about, especially all the gun/knife crime taking place on the streets of Britain today, which i believe has always existed but is getting increased media coverage and at times could maybe be fuelling it even more. I'm not saying that this is the case or anything just something that could be happening.

There's the fact the government is taxing us left, right and centre which people are not happy about and rightly so, and the fact that some people believe that Gordon Brown has f***** up. As far as i can remember during Thatcher days there used to be a lot more tax bands with regards to income tax and poll tax etc etc (I'm only 20 and don't remember the Thatcher era so apologies if I'm wrong)

The fact of the matter is that any government that will be put into place, by us, will always be criticised. There will always be things that we will not agree on and things that we will agree on. That's just part and parcel of life, not everyone can be pleased!

In the current situation of increased media sensationalization, there will always be something that is taken out of proportion and people will jump on the bandwagon of things that are getting increased coverage.

Going back Hamba's point, this country is not a great deal worse than it has ever been, However i will concede that there are certain things which are getting ridiculously out of hand

We all complain about this country but very rarely do anything about it. ATM the government has us all over a barrel and I think it's about time we all stood against them and stopped paying taxes.

We all complain about this country but very rarely do anything about it. ATM the government has us all over a barrel and I think it's about time we all stood against them and stopped paying taxes.
does that mean you will stop working etc to get out of income tax? And stop buying things to get out of VAT and duty?

No doubt he has, but I'm not the one complaining.

When I was a kid people used to say the country has gone to the dogs.

I remember hearing about the Maastricht treaty years back, and how that was sending the country down the pipes.

I remember hearing the same things when labour came to power as well - so is it just easier for people to say the country is going down the pan instead, regardless?
Exactly right. See my signature. There never was a "Golden Age". The standard of living has improved immeasurably over the decades. People are living longer, have a better quality of life, more opportunities etc. etc. The media will try to spin things to sell news, but it doesn't mean it's true.

Of course there are problems, but to say things are going down the pan is, in my opinion, just wrong.

@beady You're absolutely right. I think about all the things I got up to when I was a kid and it was all down to it being just what kids do. The same things these days are put down to the kids being "bad".

i.e. Playing in the street, fighting etc etc.

Not comparing these to stabbings, but stabbings happened when I was a teenager as well.

Did Jim Davidson not make a tit of himself in one of those reality shows or something?

Sorry if this is off the thread but I just read the title and a few posts and personally I think the guy is a nob head. I used to like him, (when I was a kid and watched him as a comedian) but now think he is a total complete and utter disgrace.

I am not a man for watching TV but on this occassion my other half dragged me into watching this so called ceklebrity jungle thing, and believe me, this guy is an arsehole!!!

And the ramblings on earlier about him living in Dubai...of course he is only there for the tax reasons, the same as Peter Ebdon!!! He took his family there so they no longer have to pay tax to OUR/THEIR own country!!! Yet they come back here and MILK US FOR ALL THEY CAN GET!!!

Scum, sorry, but they are just scum!!!

Oops, sorry if I stepped over the mark.

Last edited:
I saw some of that "spat" between Jim Davidson and that gay lad off Big Brother... (Sorry his name escapes me ATM)

I have to say I thought it was made a giant, whopper meal of, and, as usual the "PC" side of things went over the top. It was pathetic, by both sides IMO, I don't think it would have escalated half as bad as it did, if the other lad had had a bit more of a sense of humour, and not jumped on the "Oh that's not very PC..."

Just my opinion on that of course, your experience may differ...! ;)

As pointed out above, he's not prepared to pay any tax to improve the situation, so how can he complain? Idiot.

Anyway, rant over.

I'm sure he's coughed up enough in the past to warrant his opinion. I think we should all be interested to hear what some of the more successful Brits have to say.

--

Personally I think it is a great shame that a proportion of our wealthier stars cannot call England their home any more due to the ridiculous taxes levied upon them.

I bet if most of us were in the >50% tax bracket we would leave to.

I bet if most of us were in the >50% tax bracket we would leave to.

I am not sure I would either.....theres no place like home (said as I clicked my heels :Biggrin2:).

As for this thread.

Never liked the man at all, he is in Dubai as a tax dodge...no doubt it in my mind but his letter is saying what a lot of others think. I agree with most of it but not all of it.

does that mean you will stop working etc to get out of income tax? And stop buying things to get out of VAT and duty?

No, I will not stop working, but maybe there are other ways of reducing inputs into the economy from taxes.

Like not buying alcohol, tabacco and fuel. Other ways are by not declaring tax if you are self employed. I do not condone people to do this but surley like with the councils now on strike in our area. I am sure if enough people actually did something it could make a difference.

But no-one likes to take a risk nowadays, scared of being seen as un PC.

Back