Jerrold Analogue

FAGAN

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just a quick question for anyone in the know regarding the old Jerrold analogue boxes...

Can the cable companies know if you have one connected?? Does this older box still have a talkback?

I'm no tech head but the cc do (or did) know if you had an analogue box .
If you have a chipped one or one of the majic cubes attached then they won't know.
As far as I know your box won't be able to give you anything without either a chip or a cube.

While waiting for a reply to this thread I found a tutorial by SNOOP123

Here is a quote "at the back of the box there is a silvermodulater which has a black security tab at the top of it using a flat blade s/driver lever the tab out or push it into the box and then remove cover.once inside the box you will see at the back of the box right in the centre is a thick black coax lead this is the talk-back cable it can be snipped.."

He mentions talkback requiring snipped - who is right ??

Talkback

FAGAN said:
While waiting for a reply to this thread I found a tutorial by SNOOP123
Here is a quote "at the back of the box there is a silvermodulater which has a black security tab at the top of it using a flat blade s/driver lever the tab out or push it into the box and then remove cover.once inside the box you will see at the back of the box right in the centre is a thick black coax lead this is the talk-back cable it can be snipped.."
He mentions talkback requiring snipped - who is right ??

HI THIS TB MOD IS DONE ON THE JERROLD 2100. BUT IT ONLY NEEDS TO BE DONE IF YOU HAVE A PASS THROUGH BOX ON THE BACK (METAL CAN SCREWED ON THE BACK). IF YOU DONT THEN DONT WORRY AS IT ONLY COMES OUT ON THE BACK OF BOX THROUGH ITS OWN CONNECTOR LABELED PPV AND THERE IS NO NEED TO CONNECT THIS.ONE WORD OF WARNING THOUGH IF YOU PLAN TO USE A CUBE DONT AS THESE SEND SIGNAL BOTH WAYS TO YOUR BOX AND BACK UP THE CABLE FEED (LOTS OF PEOPLE HAVE CAUGHT LIKE THIS )

"IF YOU PLAN TO USE A CUBE DONT AS THESE SEND SIGNAL BOTH WAYS TO YOUR BOX AND BACK UP THE CABLE FEED (LOTS OF PEOPLE HAVE CAUGHT LIKE THIS )"

I dont see how this can be correct as I have been using a cube on a Jerrold box for the last 6 years without a single problem as have every other person I know who is still on the analogue service.

Surely this problem would have come to light at the start of cube making and been sorted?

FAGAN said:
"IF YOU PLAN TO USE A CUBE DONT AS THESE SEND SIGNAL BOTH WAYS TO YOUR BOX AND BACK UP THE CABLE FEED (LOTS OF PEOPLE HAVE CAUGHT LIKE THIS )"
I dont see how this can be correct as I have been using a cube on a Jerrold box for the last 6 years without a single problem as have every other person I know who is still on the analogue service.
Surely this problem would have come to light at the start of cube making and been sorted?
Same here mate never had a problem.

I've had a chipped Jerrold on the go now for approx 6 years and nobody knocking on the door.

diamondgezza is correct, cubes transmit a data stream from the pic chip inside the cube. the data stream is modulating an FM carrier produced in the cube.
The carrier frequency enters the box through the cable in socket, but also goes back up the cable to the CC box in the road, It is low level but could be detected!!
If you want proof:-
1. Remove cable feed to Cube
2. Press F4 on box or remote (shoud be reading r0 ) signal present .
3 Remove power to Cube
4. F4 now reads -E no signal.
Or remove powered up Cube from box and hold a small fm radio near it tuned to around 106 Mhz........... Nice!!
Cubes will keep boxes unlocked but they are best used to i/p the serial number to unlock a box, then you are better off fitting a chip internally.
Regards,
BM:Cheers:

I am new to all this. Can some one help me to identify how to chip Jerrold 550/210 analogue box?

even both methods cube and chipping a box give off noise back into the network so basically use it at your own risk....

Back