Jap PS3

prim@l

DW Member +
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I've been offered a Jap PS3 with 1 pad. Its the 60gb version. The guy wants 380GBP.

Is it worth it?
If I wanted to sell it, would I make a profit? Cos the guy has a few.
Is it correct that the Jap versions will be better than the UK spec?

I don't think it's worth it really m8 the ps3 is out in 2 weeks.

Can't see you making any profit on it as im sure your mate has found out thats why he has a few. You can play the games as they are region free but the DVD's and bluerays aren't. so if you wanted to watch a film you would be knacked if you had the jap verison as you'll have to import all your films as it won't play uk region 2.

all the versions are the same so don't know why he's saying the jap has better specs.
Might be trying to spin you a tail so you buy it.

sounds like a no goer to me too mate buy one of my pre orders off me in a few weeks :)

Hello guys,

I've been offered a Jap PS3 with 1 pad. Its the 60gb version. The guy wants 380GBP.

Is it worth it?
If I wanted to sell it, would I make a profit? Cos the guy has a few.
Is it correct that the Jap versions will be better than the UK spec?

Its 100% not worth it. £380 for a Japan Spec PS3 when you can get the UK one for £420 and as said in above post Uk DVD's wont play on the Japanese version. Save your money and buy one when they come out in the UK.

its only £40 more for a version that causes less problems for you. E.G playing dvds from here, blurays etc. Also if it breaks down you would have to send it to japan

its only £40 more for a version that causes less problems for you. E.G playing dvds from here, blurays etc. Also if it breaks down you would have to send it to japan

dont buy it mate. if something goes wrong with it. you wouldnt be sending it to japan, you would be aswell throwing it in the bin. sony will not honour warranties outside the region the console was intended for.

if you are thinking of paying £380, you would be aswell paying the £425 for a uk spec one. the only difference between uk and jap spec is that the jap one will have the chips built in from the ps2 inorder to play ps2 games. the uk spec on the other hand wont have these chips, and will rely on software emulation to play backward compatible ps2 games.

Last edited:
Back