Jamesons

MH

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I bought a bottle of Jamesons earier in the week, and I must say its the WORST whiskey I have ever tasted, it should be renamed firewater.

I went into ASDA to buy myself a nice malt as I recently drunk them all. However the selection that ASDA have at the moment is pretty poor, you are stuck with the Glenlivet's and Glenmorangie's of this world. So in haste I went for the "triple distilled" Irish blend, I think the need to distil it at least 100 times to make it smooth,

Anyway, I was in booths on Wednesday and managed to get myself a nice lightly smoky Old Putney and is refreshing the cockles.

PS my normal tipples are Glenturret and Laphroaig.

The Jamesons has now be relegated to hot toddie liquor.

lol i've never liked jamesons. try a nice Captain Morgan's spiced rum and coke instead :)

Partial to Laphroaig myself. Curently working my way thru a bottle of Glenburn and a bottle of Dalwhinnie.

thebigman

Jameson is a blended Whiskey and is not particularly a good one at that. IMHO Powers would be a better bet at the readily available end of the market.
If you want to try a good Irish Whiskey, try the stuff from the Cooley Distillery, such as Kilbeggan, Tyrconnel or my personal favourite the Greenore 8 year old (I once bought a full case when I found it in an off licence at £20 a bottle!), with any one of these you'll find a whiskey every bit as complex and enjoyable as a Scotch blend (or cheaper malts like laphroaig)

Irish Whiskey and Scotch Whisky are two separate beasts - apart from Bushmills that is.
Bushmills, though an Irish Whiskey is made in the Scotch method, the distillery has a Scots master distiller and the finished product are more akin to a blended Scotch than an Irish.

lol i've never liked jamesons. try a nice Captain Morgan's spiced rum and coke instead :)

It must be because I've had one of me nuts chopped off due to cancer, but I've recently started drinking Lambs and Coke...
Next thing I'll be holding me pint pot with me pinkie out ;)

Last edited:
Any whiskey ive ever tried has gone down the sink! Glemorangie, glenlevit,bells,teachers,famous grouse. Horrible the lot of em how anyone can enjoy it is beyond me.

Is there a truly enjoyable whiskey out there?

yes..i love abelour .. mmmmmmm
partial to glenfiddich too ( the oak cash special reserve is good )

jamiesons ....is bad , bells is just awful .

Originally Posted by Evastar View Post
lol i've never liked jamesons. try a nice Captain Morgan's spiced rum and coke instead
It must be because I've had one of me nuts chopped off due to cancer, but I've recently started drinking Lambs and Coke...
Next thing I'll be holding me pint pot with me pinkie out

i prefer sailor jerry

Any whiskey ive ever tried has gone down the sink! Glemorangie, glenlevit,bells,teachers,famous grouse. Horrible the lot of em how anyone can enjoy it is beyond me.

Glemorangie, glenlevit, Bells, Teachers and Famous grouse are not whiskEy's m8 they are Whisky's there is a massive difference ;P

i cant stand the stuff either, the smell is ok but yuk cant drink the stuff.

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii im a newbie ..............im glad to being with us......

the answer is no!

I can drink whiskey mixed with something but on the whole its all pretty savage!

Jameson is a fiery one, if you want a smooth whiskey then try Highland Park 12 or 18 year old single malt, now that it best drank neat or with a dash of water.

Good Thread

i used to like my Whiskey, tried loads of them.

I must admit i like Jamesons, but it is a little too firey as mentioned. But there is a whiskey called "Oban Whiskey" one of the best ive tasted , but expensive.

bourbon whiskey is ok if ya like that sort of stuff, like " Jack Daniels " and Asda do there own brand for £10 and its ok.

ive got a btl of highland park 18yr old and a whyte & mackays 30yr old special reserve, not gonna open them tho i'll keep them for a special occassion, 1 of the best ive drank tho has to be ballantines, i drank it a few years ago now but it was really nice, whiskyhas to be sipped slowly and drunk straight,,,, aldi does an 18yr old single malt for £18 and it was surprisingly nice i enjoyed it lol

Back