iPhone jailbreak new firmware on 3gs phone

wilson1980

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
so tireds the unlocking thing and never worked as phone frooze so undated fimware and phones back workin again. but i need to jailbreak it again. looked about but think i might need to wait just now but just incase i missed something is it possible to rejailbreak just now..

im on 05.13.04 firmware

i dont think the 3gs can be jailbroken on the 4.0 firmware from what i've seen on other sites however there is custom firmwares around, just trying one out now on the 3gs

i dont think the 3gs can be jailbroken on the 4.0 firmware from what i've seen on other sites however there is custom firmwares around, just trying one out now on the 3gs

have you got that the wrong way round iso4 on 3gs cant be jb yet only on old base plain, but you can now unlock itune updated 3.1.3 with all baseplains

iso4 on 3g can be jb and unlocked

but if you get 3gs ios4 jb let me know mate as iv been reading all day and cant find any way yet, well that looks safe that is?

Last edited:
have you got that the wrong way round iso4 on 3gs cant be jb yet only on old base plain, but you can now unlock itune updated 3.1.3 with all baseplains

iso4 on 3g can be jb and unlocked

but if you get 3gs ios4 jb let me know mate as iv been reading all day and cant find any way yet, well that looks safe that is?

They claim you can use custom firmwares if you are on the old boot rom on the 3gs which i am. However the custom firmware didn't work so i've just got to the normal IOS4 and will wait for the new jailbrake tool whenever that comes out i guess.

redsn0w 0.9.5 is out now for Windows and Mac works with the 3G, 3GS, ipod Touch 2nd Gen etc etc....

supports IOS4 and OS3.1.2 & 3.1.3 firmwares ;)

m8 of mine has IOS4 on his iphone 3GS...so i know it works

redsn0w 0.9.5 is out now for Windows and Mac works with the 3G, 3GS, ipod Touch 2nd Gen etc etc....

supports IOS4 and OS3.1.2 & 3.1.3 firmwares ;)

m8 of mine has IOS4 on his iphone 3GS...so i know it works

Can anyone else confirm this??

As all information i can find says redsn0w 0.9.5 won't jailbrake the 3gs with IOS4 yet apart from the IOS4 GM version which was released over a week ago i think where as the official version if you like was released yesterday.

i seen that about the custom firmware but didnt wanna do what i did with the unlock and mess it up so ill just wait till another jailbrake as im not too bothered about it just now.

iPhone 3GS

Summary: Currently, PwnageTool only works on previously jailbroken 3GS devices with the old bootrom.

If you have a Jailbroken iPhone 3GS with the OLD BOOTROM and you DID NOT use Spirit to jailbreak then you can create the ipsw with PwnageTool 4.0 and restore with your jailbroken recovery mode.

If you have an iPhone 3GS with the NEW BOOTROM this is NOT supported by PwnageTool 4.0 PwnageTool 4.01

Can anyone else confirm this??

As all information i can find says redsn0w 0.9.5 won't jailbrake the 3gs with IOS4 yet apart from the IOS4 GM version which was released over a week ago i think where as the official version if you like was released yesterday.

Yeah it dont work on the 3gs new boot rom. Not sure on old though...

Just updated my 3G to iOS4, then used redsn0w to jailbreak it and unlocked with ultrasn0w.

Not much diff tbh on the 3G, folders is about the only noticeable difference.

Just updated my 3G to iOS4, then used redsn0w to jailbreak it and unlocked with ultrasn0w.

Not much diff tbh on the 3G, folders is about the only noticeable difference.

I did the same with my 3G. The multitasking slows it down a lot!

Back