iPhone Jailbreak iPhone 3GS New Bootrom on iOS 4 with Sn0wbreeze 1.7

biffo1

Staff member
Reaction score
Sn0wbreeze 1.7 for 4.0 (for Windows) has been released. This release supports iPhone 3GS (old and new bootrom), iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 2G (MC and non-MC models), and iPod touch 3G. Though iPhone 3GS (new bootrom), iPod touch 2G (MC models) and iPod touch 3G will have to be either on 3.1.2 firmware, or will need to have their SHSH blobs saved for iOS 3.1.2 in order to successfully jailbreak these devices on iOS 4. Also the jailbreak for iPhone 3GS (new bootrom), iPod touch 2G (MC models) and iPod touch 3G on iOS 4 will be tethered, which means whenever you turn off your phone, you will need to re-connect it to a computer to be able to turn it back on.

READ FULL REPORT HOW TO HERE

Jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 4.0 New Bootrom with Sn0wbreeze | Redmond Pie
This is tethered , which means whenever you turn off your phone, you will need to re-connect it to a computer to be able to turn it back on.

Last edited:
Also the jailbreak for iPhone 3GS (new bootrom), iPod touch 2G (MC models) and iPod touch 3G on iOS 4 will be tethered, which means whenever you turn off your phone, you will need to re-connect it to a computer to be able to turn it back on.

it's a break through with the jail breaking side for the Iphones with the new bootman like my 3GS. But im gonna hang on till a version comes out where it doesn't have to be linked to a computer to turn on.
Plus it might still have bugs that might need to be ironed out. Plus aint apple releasing an update soon for that signal issue, as it's meant to be on all phones not just the iphone 4 where they got the sums wrong. I know it might be a pointless update to some people. But it might have some patches to cover up what the jail break does. i don't know much about the jailbreak side so guessing about the patches lol

same here mate think theres 1 round the coner that will be a lot easier and untheathered

pretty much bang on with what u said about the update and that. i was going try this jailbreak but dumb ass me tired to be a smart arse last week to do the unlock and i messed it up only to relise couple hours later u couldnt do it if u had used the spirt jailbreak

tbh i think it pointless moving to ios4 just yet , we got everything we need with the addons from cydia plus not everythings compatible to run on ios4 either .

Back