I've got Analogue and a 4010 - why can't I get any channels?

m1ckr1ck

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is my first post on the forums and I hope I'll have a long and happy stay. As well as getting genned up on all the cable info, of course ;).

Anyway, I'm currently on the basic ntl analogue tv package and I've been given a 4010 box. I bought a smartmouse usb programmer, paid £20 to get the rom11 B0C card unlocked, fed the card Benny's rom11 AU image with my details, cut the talkback, connected the box to my cable feed, booted it up and... I can only get the freeview channels! The rest of the channels are either black screens or sometimes a "you are not subscribed" message comes up, but not on many channels.

There is no flashing middle light on the box, but talkback has been cut correctly, according to NoviceAngel's excellent tutorial anyway.

My mate who gave me the box says he thinks it may be down to me not being subscribed to any digital package and he says he will take the box home tomorrow and try it on his feed. But the general consensus here seems to be that if you have ANY cable feed (analogue, broadband or digital), it will work.

As I say, I'm a complete noobie here and this is my first foray into digital cable.

Maybe someone here can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Hi m1ckr1ck

Have you put your IRD in back-words ,if your ird is (12453289) do it this way 89324512.

Cheers Garry

m1ckr1ck said:
Hi everyone. This is my first post on the forums and I hope I'll have a long and happy stay. As well as getting genned up on all the cable info, of course ;).

Anyway, I'm currently on the basic ntl analogue tv package and I've been given a 4010 box. I bought a smartmouse usb programmer, paid £20 to get the rom11 B0C card unlocked, fed the card Benny's rom11 AU image with my details, cut the talkback, connected the box to my cable feed, booted it up and... I can only get the freeview channels! The rest of the channels are either black screens or sometimes a "you are not subscribed" message comes up, but not on many channels.

There is no flashing middle light on the box, but talkback has been cut correctly, according to NoviceAngel's excellent tutorial anyway.

My mate who gave me the box says he thinks it may be down to me not being subscribed to any digital package and he says he will take the box home tomorrow and try it on his feed. But the general consensus here seems to be that if you have ANY cable feed (analogue, broadband or digital), it will work.

As I say, I'm a complete noobie here and this is my first foray into digital cable.

Maybe someone here can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

What's the card status in the engineers menu m8?

garrytate said:
Hi m1ckr1ck

Have you put your IRD in back-words ,if your ird is (12453289) do it this way 89324512.

Cheers Garry

Yeah, it's in as the reverse of what is on the stcker on the scart connector inside the box and in the engineer's menu.

fatblerk said:
What's the card status in the engineers menu m8?

The network information displays "looking for updates" and the card status is "please wait". It's been like that for about 10 mins now. Before I attached the feed it was "no t-stream".

What does the BK start with? a false BK normally starts 6D.

Back