I've got a new TV!

hamba

Inactive User
Reaction score
I know some of you will be less impressed than I am but, after 18yrs watching a 17" TV, I am now the proud owner of a Panasonic Viera TX26LXD70 LCD TV.

It was an early birthday present from my mother-in-law. Our old one was playing up and she said we could have £500 for a new one.

I did a lot of research to find the best I could get for the price and found that the cheapest I could get the Panny - with a five year guarantee - was £499 from Crampton&Moore - but then there was £25 for postage.

I phoned up the Panasonic shop in Plymouth and asked them did they have it and how much: they said, yes £649.99.

I told them about C&M and, after going away to check, the woman came back and said they would match the price - including the 5yr guarantee.

Not only that but they delivered it free: ordered Monday, arrived 12.30 Tuesday.

Brilliant TV and plenty big enough for our little cottage.

just had a search on google for it m8 and it looks a nice TV :)
all you need now is freesat for some nice HD broadcasts ;)

jammy sod , i have been after an lcd for ages but wife keeps saying no till our finances are better.

£500 off your mother in law for a bday prez?

Jesus!

Another loyal customer ;)

Just by phoning them up they took of £150 and delievered the TV for free. That does seem like a bargain, especially with it being High Def ready...just match it up with FreeSat or some other services, a few HD channels and you'll be having sum quality tv time!

You don;t need freesat HD, Sky HD, VM HD (for what it worth), just get a decent BB connection that has no limits and pay for a decent newsgoups server about £8 per month and watch what ever you whant in HD

Looks a cracking tv mate bet your chuffed to bits :) handy aswell with it having a built in digital tuner with the analog siginal been stopped soon.Carnt believe you had your old tv for 18 year lol thats older then my 3 kids age put together haha.

Perhaps, but only the guy who isn't rowing has time to rock the boat :)

True, but when the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

(Oh btw, congratulations on your new television hamba.)

Ive got to go for:

“Man can will nothing unless he has first understood that he must count on no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth.”

That's why I love the French bozeyed bastard!

And of course:

'Milk milk, lemonade, round the corner fudge is made.'

Last edited:
Personally, I'll settle for the fudge and sardines.

Ive just gipped my chocolate biscuit.

'Gip' ('Gipped' - past tense, 'Gipping' - present participle) Verb. To throw up into one's own mouth, without ejecting said vomit, instead swallowing the liquid for re ingestion.

Hamba, seriously mate, have you really had a 17" telly for 18 years? :)

You deserve a fooking medal :)

Enjoy your new tv mate.

ps, the most my mother-in-law ever bought me was a £3 mug with a Celtic Badge on it, lol.

Hamba, seriously mate, have you really had a 17" telly for 18 years? :)

You deserve a fooking medal :)

Enjoy your new tv mate.

ps, the most my mother-in-law ever bought me was a £3 mug with a Celtic Badge on it, lol.

Yes, same little telly for 18 years.

It's great not having to practically sit on the telly in order to see it!

It was okay in the past but, as my eyesight has got worse, I was having to sit closer and closer.

OMFG she must hate you!!

kidden on mate rofl

nice tv hamba mate get wathc the euor championships on it and your sorted ;)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

do you even get a christmas card?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back