itv4 on the dbox

1rambo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello people...I've started to get frustrated with this..but has anyone actually managed to get itv4 on their dbox? All the time i try the scanning method..i always have to end up doing a flash on it again and put on the service file without the itv4. If anyone has done it...it'll give me some sort of hope that it could be done.

depending what area your in some have got itv4 on men&motors after 6pm have you tried that to see if its there

cheers

hi

i found it on my dbox1 (north larnarkshire) and i said to my self ill install it later i was trying to install some teleport shit and i forgot my frequency but i definitly seen itv4 on my scan

<channel serviceID="0867" name="ITV4" tsid="0011" onid="f020" />
found this if it is any use to you am sorry i dont have a service file so i dont know where it came from i only know its scotland

ITV4 ok at this end... I can pick it up on both a normal scan and a bruteforce.
Liam.

gav12345 said:
depending what area your in some have got itv4 on men&motors after 6pm have you tried that to see if its there

cheers

hi there...just tried it..and its just men and motors. east london is where im from...but all the time i try to do a rescan...it just freezes...and i havent ever succeded with a scan, i got a service file from the web..and thankfully that managed to work. But its still without itv :( and thanks for all your replies...i really appreciate it..i really do.

Have you tried my EnigmaX image? Apparently the scan picks up channels that other images dont. (If your having problems scanning then try this image)

If you can find ITV4 with the enigma image then you can manually add the channel to any other image you find; by adding its frequency to your services.xml file.

Liam.

also found this but again its from scotland but i think its ntl
<channel service_id="1fac" name="ITV4" service_type="01" />
liam i tried to edit a service file manged to copy and paste it all but when i loaded it it said no channels found ah well back to the drawing board

notanotherone said:
also found this but again its from scotland but i think its ntl
<channel service_id="1fac" name="ITV4" service_type="01" />

mine looks the same as this in swansea area, its under - <transponder id="0051"

also if your having trouble scaning, you can't go wrong with a bruteforce scan

I had real problems scaning this week but it turned out to be the new image

found this for belfast
channel service_id="1fac" name="ITV4" service_type="01" />

Working fine in south London. No epg yet though.

de_deej

Patience Maybe a Virtue

I had similar probs with mine not on itv4 Only my box wouldnt pick up sky one but would pick up sky mix. all my bers and snr where all giving me conflicting status depending on what channel i was trying to watch.... unistalled all my sushi, games, tuxwetter outdoor and any other stuff on the box like (A service File which was heavy in weight due to all my fooked up scans. instead of overwritting my file it just kept on adding same channels to my service file, thus the file was growing and taking up valuable memory. So after reducing all the dead weight from the box (ie clearing space off the memory) I found the box performed a hell of lot better. Also i noticed sky one was hop skipping and jumping around like it had its arse burnt or something. Then i clicked on... that my epg reseting problem is nowt to do with sectiond update etc. It was the box reseting epg because it was getting a better signal on some channels. Yee haaaa! I screamed as after everytime my epg went tits up i scanned OVERWRITTING THE SERVICE FILE as not to increase its weight. And low and behold the snr went up slightly everytime and the ber dropped like an asda rollback price.

At first the epg reset itself around 1nce a week. for around 3wks and now it dosnt. hope this may explain something to you pal because really im still none the wiser as to what i really did to sort out my missing channels and skipping chirping noisy squeeky channels but whatever it was the box is fine....2 1/2 months down the line. sagem dox2 running spts 1.7 uk 05... tried almost every image in the house but this ones the guy for me. ultra, gavs or super dooper and what ever the next one's are called Im sticking with this image mate. STICK WITHIT PAL around 10 month it took me seriously.:eek: And you should have read the shite i was posting at the time.... and i know it dont help you any when you got cock nockers like me blerting on about how there box is sorted...my heart goes out to ya fella..

wenglishboy said:
I had similar probs with mine not on itv4 Only my box wouldnt pick up sky one but would pick up sky mix. all my bers and snr where all giving me conflicting status depending on what channel i was trying to watch.... unistalled all my sushi, games, tuxwetter outdoor and any other stuff on the box like (A service File which was heavy in weight due to all my fooked up scans. instead of overwritting my file it just kept on adding same channels to my service file, thus the file was growing and taking up valuable memory. So after reducing all the dead weight from the box (ie clearing space off the memory) I found the box performed a hell of lot better. Also i noticed sky one was hop skipping and jumping around like it had its arse burnt or something. Then i clicked on... that my epg reseting problem is nowt to do with sectiond update etc. It was the box reseting epg because it was getting a better signal on some channels. Yee haaaa! I screamed as after everytime my epg went tits up i scanned OVERWRITTING THE SERVICE FILE as not to increase its weight. And low and behold the snr went up slightly everytime and the ber dropped like an asda rollback price.

At first the epg reset itself around 1nce a week. for around 3wks and now it dosnt. hope this may explain something to you pal because really im still none the wiser as to what i really did to sort out my missing channels and skipping chirping noisy squeeky channels but whatever it was the box is fine....2 1/2 months down the line. sagem dox2 running spts 1.7 uk 05... tried almost every image in the house but this ones the guy for me. ultra, gavs or super dooper and what ever the next one's are called Im sticking with this image mate. STICK WITHIT PAL around 10 month it took me seriously.:eek: And you should have read the shite i was posting at the time.... and i know it dont help you any when you got cock nockers like me blerting on about how there box is sorted...my heart goes out to ya fella..

lol...thanks mate..i'll carry on trying..i have no choice...i wana watch the champions league:(..lol..by the way..do you think a filter would make the difference in scanning? since i need one to watch the dbox..without it the box kinda freezes..

hey guys, i was getting itv4 last up until last week on my sportster 1.7+ sagem box. the first day they started it was on men n motor from 6 then when i did another scan that week it found its own trans id. and men and motor when back to its late night show or 24 hrs (i dont watch the channel so i couldn,t tell u how late it shows til)then this weekend when i flash my buggie box with liam enigma i notice the channel was there but blank screen, but @ the time i couldn't give 2 s**t coz my box wasn,t chirping anymore and that was a small price to pay giving up itv4 and and few of my nvod girlz., but yesterday i deceided to put my other box on that has sportster 1.7+ and now im getting error chanel available on that box. so i force keys restart evo and everything else that would help to no avail. so i redo a scan same results, i then put next gen newest 1 run a scan samething put my my orignal service file back in and is the same thing so it looks like they might be off in my side of town. im in the croydon area has anyone else have this prob on tw croydon side?

1rambo said:
lol...thanks mate..i'll carry on trying..i have no choice...i wana watch the champions league:(..lol..by the way..do you think a filter would make the difference in scanning? since i need one to watch the dbox..without it the box kinda freezes..

Filters/ Equaliser/ Attenuators/ Ive tried everything.... all i use now after buying everything in the shop is a amplifier with adjustable gain b&q around a tenner and a 1 in 2 out splitter around 7 pound and 50 silver ones. everything smooth as a smooth thing can be ....

gentlex said:
put my my orignal service file back in and is the same thing

I think you answered your own question there pal....get rid of the orig service file. Or if you have noticed a bigger bouquet file. delete the bouquet and replace with your own bouquet file by selecting create new in the options and MAKE SURE you only use update or is it overwrite in any scan you do after that...not sure only going from memory....and that aint none to good nowadays.

Back