UK News Itv to pull the plug next Month.

"Its cause was boosted earlier this summer when the Government scrapped rules that prevented public service broadcasters such as ITV and Channel 4 from charging.
But the ruling, part of the Digital Economy Bill, came with a warning that the Government did not expect broadcasters to do so."

If that was the case then why the hell did they scrap the rule? No doubt a "thinktank" was set up and paid an outrageous sum to come up with that gem of an idea.

"Its cause was boosted earlier this summer when the Government scrapped rules that prevented public service broadcasters such as ITV and Channel 4 from charging.
But the ruling, part of the Digital Economy Bill, came with a warning that the Government did not expect broadcasters to do so."

If that was the case then why the hell did they scrap the rule? No doubt a "thinktank" was set up and paid an outrageous sum to come up with that gem of an idea.

I read that too and though WTF!!!

6 Nations Rugby alternates between BBC and ITV

So people who have a virgin box will be paying the TV tax and also have a tv which is capable of receiving ITV. Whats the problem? Is there that much to record from ITV that you actually need a virgin box, or is there that many people who don't have their TV hooked up to an antenna.

I have to admit I don't know what the state of play is these days with freeview and terrestrial stations.

I haven't paid the TV tax for around 5 or 6 years and haven't watched broadcast TV for longer. I download everything we want to watch, and were not into sports.

A lot of people that have cable dont have a aerial or good reception on said aerial. For me I would just watch on line when I need to but for the parents would mean a call to me saying why is ITV not working

I'd have agree with Captin on this. Unless you live in the back of beyond, it's just careless not to have an adequate aerial for back-up terrestrial reception.

How many people are watching the tv awards Now?. Hmm I rest my case. We already pay for a tv licence we already get screwed by virgin media for the pleasure of there company. Why should we have to pay again.

I rarely watch itv but if there is something I want to watch I usually record or watch on catch-up but having to watch the adverts can be a pain. I have an aerial and pay for a TV licence as I occasionally watch live TV. I don't think I would subscribe to sly or virmin ( no cable in my area )now as IPTV suits my needs at the moment. @miggy I did catch the last hour of the awards you mentioned and there is was some truly inspirational and brave people on it.

Doesn't ITV hub allow you to watch live anyway? And I thought you could add that to your virmin box?

Back