ITV movie channel to replace ITV Play?

slydog

New Member ++
Reaction score
ITV is considering launching a movie channel to replace outgoing gaming station ITV Play.

ITV Play was axed earlier this week for "commercial" reasons amid the ongoing furore over the fair use of premium rate phonelines in TV programmes.

The channel has today been replaced by a timeshifted version of ITV2 on Freeview - but this is only thought to be a temporary measure.

A spokesman told Broadcast that ITV was "still looking at various options" for the slot to ensure that it was "making the best use" of its capacity on Freeview.

The possibility of an ITV movie channel has been on the cards for some time: last year ITV4 controller Steve Arnell was charged with developing plans to launch such a station. Movies consistently rank amongst the most popular programmes on ITV's multichannel network, which also includes ITV3 and ITV4.

We need a freeview channel that shows modern movies, hopefully itv's will. film4 shows to many old films and films with subtitles plus they repeat movies which have just been shown a few days ago.

ITV will no longer comment on this topic, they refuse point blank (strange)

but when they DID talk to me they said they aren't going to be launching ITV Movies or ITV Sport, the content will remain on the channels as usual, (strange with all the press reports claiming ITV said otherwise.)

I wonder if the Duty Office @ ITV don't talk with other departments like the Press Department, thats all I can think of.

itv play is still on though? it sooo annoying that program is... shud defo be banned

Back