ITV HD on SkyStar HD

telewestTUM

Inactive User
Reaction score
ive got a SkyStar HD an im trying to get ITV HD to watch Italy Holland but im looping it from my dm500s to my skystar in my pc

will this stop me from looping through the signal as it seems i cant get it too come on or any HD channels. its DVB-S2 as well so should defo work

LUXE TV HD work and thats it

Remember that the lnb's need signals to change the polorization and the local oscillator frequency. If you loop through a single feed to a 2nd box then you can only ever get the channels that use the same local oscillator and polorization as the master box. If both boxes are sending control signals then you could end up with a fried box, especially if both boxes are trying to power the lnb !

If you want multiple sat sources then you really need a dual lnb so each device can have its own direct feed.

telewestTUM-- luxe tv hd and ITV HD ARE both in H polorization--- SO - there is no problem to get itvhd here , as far as u main box LOCKED to H polorization
there only issue here, that ITV HD is " red button" service- so u wont be able to scan this service automaticly( couse there is not such a station in PAT )--- U HAVE TO enter pids for this station manualy :

dd8d3c95ba8d.jpg

and btw --- it is DVB-S , NOT DVB -S2
Anyhow-- u must listen to nozzer-- get a TWIN LNB, it is only option, couse to lock H transponder reciever must send 18v to lnb and for V transponders- only 13v ( u cant send both :) )

Last edited:
ah this is way too much hassle im going to just sell this skystar hd its pants!! my pcs CPU is like 30% and and other is about 20% and it still doesnt play ITV HD at full 25fps looks strange!!

whats BBC settings?

Last edited:
telewestTUM it just a bit of a fun- dont take it too far:) i am plaing around with hdtv from 2003-2004 and still alive :)
-- btw didnt i tell u to get TT3200 OR Hauppauge?
-What dvb software u using?
- what h.264 decoder? ( the best choice is COREAVC H.264 V 1.7.0 -- u will find it no problemo
OR cyberlink h.264 ( just install power dvd ultra 7.3 and register it to deluxe version)

not sure what version of CoreAVC im using but ive set it to use the pro version of that. only paid £50 for the skystar hd though

Ive been using Technisat and then DVBviewer football is noticeable and looks strange but regular tv isnt too bad at all

do you have any good guides to getting it all working correctly i have a core2duo e6400 which is 2.14ghz clock speed but i could OC it too about 2.8 ish if needed be

if my DM500S is on standby and i loop the coax through there will it mean the skystar can switch from H to V without issues?

if my DM500S is on standby and i loop the coax through there will it mean the skystar can switch from H to V without issues?

Not sure what the splitter circuit is like in the dm500 tuner. If its done properly then things should be protected but if its a straight passive splitter then you stand a good chance of blowing something at some point due to multiple devices trying to drive the lnb with different control voltages. Standby loopthrough should work as long as the dm500 is NOT supplying any lnb volts whilst in standby mode.

The loopthrough/splitter will also cause signal loss. For that reason alone its much better to give all devices their own seperate feed.

tbh, I've never fathomed why anybody would put a loopthrough connector on a sat tuner. Its just not possible for multiple devices to control a single lnb at the same time. I guess it may be for different lnb types which use seperate control lines for power and polorization selection.

Last edited:
One of my connections is to an original dm500s that is connected inline with another receiver using the 500s lnb output. It works fine if i switch each into standby before the other one is put on -scarts also auto switch so it functions nicely this way. It should be the same with a pc card i guess.

do you have any good guides to getting it all working correctly i have a core2duo e6400 which is 2.14ghz clock speed but i could OC it too about 2.8 ish if needed be
- well, dvbviewer probably the best hdtv soft at the moment( some people prefer ALTDVB 2.2, DVBDREAM, PROGDVB)-- and of course we all waiting for h.264 version SAAR's mytheatre
i suggest u to get latest version of DVBVIEWER PRO (3.9.4.0) -- dont bother with the old versions (3.5-3.6) or none PRO-- 3.9.2.0 CAN do the trick just aswell---- if u dont wanna spent hours to find a crack-- just buy a lisence-- it was only 10 or 15 euro with lifetime future updates
-- same to coreavc decoder-- dont bother with the old versions- just google it u'l find the crack :)

u probably can find guides here:
http://www.dvbviewer.info/forum/index.php?showforum=34
dont start any EMU- C*RD sharing discussions there :)
bbchd- itvhd easy to setup-- and as far as it FTA--- E6400 more then plenty, but PREMIERE HD 19.2 TAKES more cpu power and bskyb hd (c/s) takes even more then premiere :)

Back