It's been a while......

nilrem

Inactive User
Reaction score
Chaps a mate has asked me to design a website for him and it's been years since I touched anything like this and back then I used Frontpage.

I've seen a lot of hosting companies offer free design software/templates with their packages to use so no coding is needed.

Just wondered if anyone has used one and can recommend them please ?

He's also looking at a forum , does this have to be hosted seperately or is there a 1 stop shop I can use for the site & forum ?

I don't really wanna learn how to use design software all over again for 1 site if I can help it !

Any help appreciated

Cheers

A lot of the big companies have free templates and a back end admin panel to install the templates and build the pages and such, they're usually quite straight forward and simple (heartinternet has a website creator that is simple to use)

If you have enough space you can add the forum on a different part of that space too.

I've sent you a pm also :)

you can download forum software free mate and your hosting will require sql database for any type of forum
most hosting will have some sort of site builder software installed in the cpanel and these can be good for a quick site

have you got hostings sorted if so you want a site and a forum the best way to do it is

build site with creator and then add forum buttom.
creat sub domain with in hosting and install the forum software.
once this is done you will be able to back both up and then
add whatever addons you like
the only free forum software i have used is phpbb

Back