iPod ITouch FM Transmitter ??

maarksparky

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

Im thinking of getting an FM transmitter from either GRIFFIN or BELKIN for my ITouch.. and was wondereing if the sound quality is exactly same as playing on a CD.. if not... in anyones experience shall I get the component cables as my car also got the av iputs in the glove box??

Also.. Itunes keeps reminding me that the version 2 is out but its for £5.99.. is it worth updating it ?? whats the difference ???

please advise..

Hi,

Not sure about the ipod touch my my video ipod works pretty well with the Griffin FM transmitter. That said, forget about CD quality. For starter, most MP3s are a bit inferior anyway adn by the time you send them through a FM stereo transmitter they are a bit scratchy. Basically it is like listening to the car radio.

Fine for me but purists would proably stick to CDs in the car.

Regarding the Ipod Touch - you can get a retore version of v2.0 fro the usual sites. Then you go to itunes and hold down the Shift and ALt keys (The option key if you are using a MAC)while selecting restore and you are asked to loate the restore file on your PC. It works fine and you get access to the Apps store.

Hope this helps,

Meggers

woooo hoooo... magic a reply !!!!

thanks meggers... Im gonna stick to the cd then, as I was gonna spend £60 on the griffin one but if the quality is not good then I wont bother..

can you reckon the site, where I could get the version 2.0??

Didn't know the FM transmitters where £60. What head unit do you have?

Many aftermarkets can take an ipod either through an AUX lead (3.5mm mini jack to RCA or mini-jack to mini-jack) or an iPod adapter.

e.g. I've connect my nano to my Apline head unit via one of these: http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/2987.html - Sony (compatible), Blaupunkt, JVC, Kenwood ect versions also available.

The touch is a slightly different kettle of fish, but you could check compatibility against this list: http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/wiki/index.php?title=IPod_touch_Accessories

thanks mate.. I will dig into it further..

first I need to fix the speed limiter.. apparently the video and audio in my car automatically disables as soon as the car drive more than 5 mph.. :(

if its an aftermarket head unit
#
can just splice the headbreak sensor to earth and usually sortes it ,...

what HU u using and ill find the data for ya

thanks mate.. how did you find out they produce it.. I need some more info before I invest in it.. checked thier website, only one they are showing is RD4 which is the new one.. for 2005 up models..

cheers..

its a nightmare with the factory units... I have thier user manual and repair manual and it does not mention.. cannay believe this..

I bought a cheap transmitter (under £15). You can find them on Ebay. I think its awesome. The sound quality is not CD quality of course (that's like comparing DVD to VHS) but I love the fact that it makes the iPod so portable and wireless. Not only can you use it in your car, but around the house too. When there's nothing on the radio, switch on the iPod. I even use mine with the shower radio and that's waterproof!

P.S I have a iTouch

Back