It gets better

corinadeva

Banned
Reaction score
PMSL
A West Yorkshire head teacher has banned books containing stories about pigs from the classroom in case they offend Muslim children.

I find it hard to believe that a so called educated person as a head teacher, can do a stupid thing as to ban an innocent children’s book on religious grounds. Surely this will add to racial tension, where will this end if we must be politically correct should we ban Peter Pan as it portrays disabled people as evil, after all Captain Hook has only one hand. Snow White does it degrade dwarfs. Most children’s stories have wicked witches is this degrading to women?

Lets get a grip on reality. In the case of this head teacher please grow up Even Muslim leaders have condemned this action.
Welcome to the UK the toilet of Europe

Lol thats a funny story but I'm glad its happened. For ages I've believed that Umpa Lumpa's have been discriminated against. Now I can write to my MP about it and make sure that they get fair pay

PMSL
A West Yorkshire head teacher has banned books containing stories about pigs from the classroom in case they offend Muslim children.

I find it hard to believe that a so called educated person as a head teacher, can do a stupid thing as to ban an innocent children’s book on religious grounds. Surely this will add to racial tension, where will this end if we must be politically correct should we ban Peter Pan as it portrays disabled people as evil, after all Captain Hook has only one hand. Snow White does it degrade dwarfs. Most children’s stories have wicked witches is this degrading to women?

Lets get a grip on reality. In the case of this head teacher please grow up Even Muslim leaders have condemned this action.
Welcome to the UK the toilet of Europe

Its a fecking joke! what kind of people think of these daft ideas. its only a ugly animal ffs.

Last edited:
Its things like this that cause racial tension in this country ! no wonder ethnic brits get annoyed .If these do gooders would stay out of things like this I'm sure we would all get along but if people keep telling you you cant do things in your own country for fear of upsetting people who have come to live in this country then its bound to get their backs up they should just leave things alone

post up the telephone number of this school, i'll give them a call tomorrow and tell them exactly my thought on this stupidness,

The P.C brigade strikes again..............I think Fireman Sam books should be banned ..they could be deemed offensive to children wanting to be arsonists

Not so much pc brigade I would say that the school is attempting to incite racial hatred by bringing in such a stupid rule.

My son in law is a muslim and he has no problems with talking about or reading about pigs, but he will not consume any scavenger as you are what you eat. The rule is not just pigs they are not allowed to eat any scavenger.

I dont think that its anything to do with being a scavenger. Thats just the kind of stuff people make up as they really dont know the facts so they just make up porkies instead of learning the real reason that they cant eat pork.
The real reason is because the pig has vast quantities of fat it is not possible to properly drain all of its blood out during the halal process.

Not being a muslim myself I can only believe what my son in law tells me.

Just had a quick look around the net and found this
http://www.answering-islam.org/Morin/pork.html

doesn't mention the halal process there.

though it does mention that pork is forbidden in the old testament for christians (christians came in the new testament ?)

And the pig, though it has a split hoof completely divided, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you. You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you.
Leviticus 11:7-8

also in the Qur'an
He hath only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and that on which any other name hath been invoked besides that of God.
Surat-ul Baqara (2):173

There is only one reference to scavenging and that is for christians (there were no christians in the old testament ?)

There are times, however, when Christians refrain from eating pork. If they know that in their area of the world, pigs feed on dead meat and filth, then they are careful not to eat pork for health reasons.

Also here http://www.aboutfood.co.uk/spotlight/halal.html
The laws wax complex, however, when it comes to meat. The aforementioned meats are not allowed, but there is an etiquette concerning meat that is allowed. According to Mohammed Hocine Benkheira, in his article about Islamic taboos and meat in the October-December 2001 edition of Slow Food, domestic animals are superior to game, and fish, rabbit, and goat meat are undesirable. Furthermore, "all carnivores are forbidden, whether quadrupeds or birds, as well as - except in special circumstances - rodents, reptiles, insects except the Acridoidea, or grasshoppers, and equine species except horses, which can theoretically be consumed"(70). Fish is condemned by many Muslims to be indigestible and even harmful, but if nothing else, it is sometimes embarrassing to eat. The goat, too, should be avoided, as it is attached to a hefty load of negative lore. According to Benkheira, the 10th century writer Qutayba wrote that the goat meat was infamous for causing depression and forgetfulness, and stimulating the production of black bile.

from wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halal#Explicitly_Forbidden_Substances
"Fanged beasts of prey"[14] as per the Sunnah, usually simplified to all Carnivorous animals with the exception of most fish and sea animals
[/quote
most Carnivorous animals will quite happily scavenge.

http://www.islamicvoice.com/february.99/zakir.htm#QUE

need I go on ?

I can't find a reference to it being "because the pig has vast quantities of fat it is not possible to properly drain all of its blood out during the halal process"

Bit of a sad way to get in the making porkies joke ?

I dont think that its anything to do with being a scavenger. Thats just the kind of stuff people make up as they really dont know the facts so they just make up porkies instead of learning the real reason that they cant eat pork.
The real reason is because the pig has vast quantities of fat it is not possible to properly drain all of its blood out during the halal process.

Last edited:
ellie1998 - I didnt mean any offence by the porkies joke. I see that you're not a fan of pig satire and I really dont see how it is sad?

I hope this thread is'nt being hijacked and going off on a tangent

Thanks for the mountain of info. I didnt google halal or read the old testament. I would have taken your word for it though.

Most of the comments you've made are open to interpretation including the Quaran, old Testament and Mohammed Hicines version on muslim cuisine. Lets be serious for half a sec 'How many of your muslim freinds dont eat fish?' This guys comments were the extreme version of Islam and personally my friends dont follow that version

I've had simliar conversations with friends before about the whole Halal and Kosher issue. Since muslims are allowed to eat Kosher food I asked a few mates why and they said it was ok as the meat had to be strung out and the all blood allowed to be drained from the body. Since the pig has so much fat this could not be done.

Who gives a damn about the whos and whys? We as a nation eat pork, if that offends anyone then they can either like it or lump it - simple.

Following rules a gazzilllion years old AND following them to the letter is exactly what kicks off problems - when in Rome do as the Romans do or at least STFU about it.

muslims aint allowed to eat pig becuase pigs are considered dirty animals, they role around in their own excrement, and even eat it,

for eg, when it comes to chickens,

chickens are fed seeds for a set amount of days, so they dont consume none of their own poo, and make sure all of it is out, then it is ok to eat

BACK TO THE TOPIC
when i was young, i read books with pigs in them, i didnt think they would cause me any harm, theyre just pink cartoon, dont cause harm to anyone

pyscho headteacher!

why are we bowing down , its our country , do mu think it would happen anywhere else the anwer is no i think the other parents need to say something because i find it pathic

I think it's absolute bollocks , it's a flecking pig ffs the school got nothing better to do then to make up pathetic rules. probably there just after publicity or entice hatred.

I expect soon we'll have to rename the colour black to something else.
And just to be truly PC, white will also have to renamed.

All this PC'ness p*sses me off.

Pretty soon we'll be like the Spanish. We'll lose our British identity to a flood of foreigners in the same way the Spanish are losing their identity to the Brits! Spain = Little Britain.

Theres a place in gloucester called Churchdown - they want to rename it to Northdown because the word "church" is offensive to other faiths. WHAT ABOUT GLOUCESTER CATHEDRAL!!! - that must really piss em off - I say knock down everything in england and everyone sits on their hands not looking at each other - hopefully no one will get upset then

I really hate the idiots running our country

Back