issues unbricking v8s

welll we now have a box that works ....seems to be in asian though.....hardly any channels....is there away fo getting them back or network update some how thankyou again..

** saved an ear basshing from the wife **

regards paul

good to see your box is live again , nice one guys ;)

welll we now have a box that works ....seems to be in asian though.....hardly any channels....is there away fo getting them back or network update some how thankyou again..

** saved an ear basshing from the wife **

regards paul
Just update you channel list mate.
All channels will return on 28.2e

sorted thanx river .....just gonna throw in some new camms hope they still work....lol

fish and river thankyou both....allsorted and now cams added i get nice piccies tyvm everyone who helped...very much appreciated..
paul

which firmware did you use that fixed it

ok here is every step I did to break the dread load loop on a v8s open bx......i will also post softwares as we go....

we will be using the rs232 recovery method and also network method to upgrade the firmwares needed for your areas..
pictures and instructions here :-
Recover a Dead/Bricked/Non-Working Openbox - OPENBOX(R) |UK Stock|

1. Firstly switch on pc ,switch off your v8s via the pains or unplug it....

2. Insert the rs232 cable into pc not into your v8s box yet.

3 control panel>>system>> device manager * usb find the rs232 and establish its port connection.* you will see a yellow exclamation mark......** ignore this for now **
*note to pc users that usually this is bad advice but it genuinely through me off track and waisted time trying to install*

4. connect your rs232 to your openbox while openbox is switched off...

5. your pc is now switched on...and connected to open box use this program firstly

6. download this 3 programs and have them unzip onto your deskop

Index of /OpenBox Prog

openbox v8s 3511
open box v8s network.abs

v7v8v8s erom tool

7. open the erom tool and find erom upgrade.exe
start it...browse to your selected file .....in this case was openbox v8s 3511hd.abs
make sure booot loader is checked...
8. click next
9, power up your v8s
10. you will see syncronising stb's,please reset target ,checking serial port status.
11. if all goes well a status bar and down loading sequence should start...follow onscreen instructions to the letter.

12. once box has reboot then you should have a fully working box.....you will have to redo your own channels and networks etc but your box will be working....

* if you notice I stated use 3 programs there is one left over openboxv8s network.abd use that via usb to upgrade then sat search and uppgrade via network to your own locality.....all you have to do then is add your camms .....finito

* jfish this was my first attempt at unbricking a v8s ......thanks again...*

regards paul

Last edited:
ok here is every step I did to break the dread load loop on a v8s open bx......i will also post softwares as we go....

we will be using the rs232 recovery method and also network method to upgrade the firmwares needed for your areas..

1. Firstly switch on pc ,switch off your v8s via the pains or unplug it....

2. Insert the rs232 cable into pc not into your v8s box yet.

3 control panel>>system>> device manager * usb find the rs232 and establish its port connection.* you will see a yellow exclamation mark......** ignore this for now **
*note to pc users that usually this is bad advice but it genuinely through me off track and waisted time trying to install*

4. connect your rs232 to your openbox while openbox is switched off...

5. your pc is now switched on...and connected to open box use this program firstly

6. download this 3 programs and have them unzip onto your deskop

Index of /OpenBox Prog

openbox v8s 3511
open box v8s network.abs

v7v8v8s erom tool

7. open the erom tool and find erom upgrade.exe
start it...browse to your selected file .....in this case was openbox v8s 3511hd.abs
make sure booot loader is checked...
8. click next
9, power up your v8s
10. you will see syncronising stb's,please reset target ,checking serial port status.
11. if all goes well a status bar and down loading sequence should start...follow onscreen instructions to the letter.

12. once box has reboot then you should have a fully working box.....you will have to redo your own channels and networks etc but your box will be working....

* if you notice I stated use 3 programs there is one left over openboxv8s network.abd use that via usb to upgrade then sat search and uppgrade via network to your own locality.....all you have to do then is add your camms .....finito

* jfish this was my first attempt at unbricking a v8s ......thanks again...*

regards paul

thanks for your instructions paul, hopefully they'll get me back up and running as i'm experiencing the same issues as you had.

When i'm attempting to download the tools my computer doesn't recognise the file so i can't access the tool, any ideas?

Cheers

It also does show WinZip in the link provided look at the jpegs. :)

I Am having the exact same probs. I Don't thing it will ever work. If it does please could someone let me know how ya done it.

OK i found out how to do it.

Back