issues unbricking v8s

paul29369

Inactive User
Reaction score
ok my v8s is stuck on load I have followed all instructions on the webpage using rs232 to rs232 and it sticks just before the download starts.........as if it cant find the ports.....got all the software i need for the present ....just need it unbricking is it possible to unbrick a v8s using usb only....

admittedly when i checked on pc under devices there was no recognition of the rs232 ports......

but it does state done when i plugin v8s to pc...jut goes no further....any help would be greatly appreciated.....

Paul

have you got the correct rs232 to rs232 lead ?

RS232 Serial Null Modem Cable DB9 Female to DB9F RS 232 Ideal for Box Flashing

iv tried using a using a USB 2.0 to RS232 Serial Port DB9 9 Pin Male Converter Adapter Cable PDA GPS

and never could get it to work (it's in the bin now lol)

plus in device manager you should see your Serial port

2qk1mcw.jpg

plus what OS are you running ?

and is it a laptop are a tower pc ?

and you have to turn the box off and back on when you see ( please reset target ! ) on the flash program..

Last edited:
ok was looking about give this a try

have your v8 turned off run the flash program and when it say reset target , then turn the box on

and in your device manager take a not of the com port being used on your pc com 1 com2

hope that helps

i would do a quick reboot on your pc as well , plus in your pc bios check to see if your LPT and com is set to auto

ok I have tried that....and checked lpt is auto........

i start prog ....pick file...press next.......power on.......

v8s box is powered but led's are blank...........pc's states syncrinising stb's done...please reset target.....just will not goto dload sequence......

regards Paul tyvm for your help....

what verison of the flash tool are you using I found some versions wouldn't detect the box or flash it properly.

I will attach the versions I have later on and hopefully one of them will work

I used the previous 2.0.2 version flash an old firmware then a new one via the menu

I will find the files I have used and post them here

This Is A Warning To All........... Do Not Use The Cwaite Tv_Prog Or The Aj Channel Listing, Like i Said In My Early Post Sky Have Had Enough.........:watchingyou: Hence Sites Which You would Get Your Info Ie...Cwaite Or Ajs Channel Listing, It will Mess Up Your Box.....:rip::rip::rip:
If you need Latest Channel Listing Get it From Here.....
:emotions1 DIGITAL WORLD
Don't get any updates from anywere else.... Sly Have Gone All Out War On All Line Sellers...

If You Have Bricked Your Box, You Can Sort it Out, But You Need to Reset Back to When You 1st Got it.
Work Out How Long have you had your box, & did you make a note of the frimware...?
As diffrent Boxes diffrent frimware, In China they make Clones of Clones....... Some can update via network & others same frimware won't....

You will need an old laptop with RS232 Serial Port or a Desk top Pc, Most new laptops have Usb.

Also what kind of Box do you have, If you put the make & model, You will get better Help as to do, if someone who has had the same problem as can help you...... :slaps:

I got busy last night so will post the files I have used before to flash a v8s this evening

If You Have Bricked Your Box, You Can Sort it Out, But You Need to Reset Back to When You 1st Got it.
Work Out How Long have you had your box, & did you make a note of the frimware...?
As diffrent Boxes diffrent frimware, In China they make Clones of Clones....... Some can update via network & others same frimware won't....

You will need an old laptop with RS232 Serial Port or a Desk top Pc, Most new laptops have Usb.

Also what kind of Box do you have, If you put the make & model, You will get better Help as to do, if someone who has had the same problem as can help you...... :slaps:

title of thread does state the make and model

Jfish you should look at the early post where people have bricked there box and now need help.... Well if they put make & model, they would get better advise...
And yes you r right.....:grrrr::thnks:

try these firmware

go with this first

OPENBOX_V8S_160525_ALLN_New_version.zip

Attachments

• OPENOX_V8S_3511HD_CMT_15081006B7.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 5
  • OPENBOX_V8S_160525_ALLN_New_version.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 6
i will try them out in the next hour and report back to you thankyou again for your efforts..
Paul

will do....let you know soon as i get a minute just doing work on me pc at pres

lol not enough privs to dload what a nuisance...lol ...ill sort summat

Back