CD & DVD ISO Image will not copy

stevedw

DW Member ++
Reaction score
I ripped a DVD using DVD Shrink and it created an ISO file on my hard drive, Size: 4.35 GB. I opened the ISO file in NTI CD & DVD Maker Gold but when i pressed Ok for it to burn to disc it said it completed in 24 seconds which obviously means it didnt copy the file to the dvd disc at all. Why is it doing this? I formatted the DVD disc before attempting to burn it.

This may be due to copy protection on the DVD.

Mount the image in Alcohol/Magic ISO/Daemon Tools and see if it is usable.
If it is try burning using the above or Nero.

Or try mounting the Iso with daemon tools, extract the vobs etc with dvd decrypter and burn with nero...

why did you format the dvd disc ? was it rewritable if not surely formating it made it unwritable
If it its an iso file IMGBurn is the easiest way to burn to dvd just click on the file and away you go

why did you format the dvd disc ? was it rewritable if not surely formating it made it unwritable
If it its an iso file IMGBurn is the easiest way to burn to dvd just click on the file and away you go

I formated the dvd disc because there was some data on it already so i needed to clear it. its a dvd+rw so it won't be made unwritable.

I used IMGBurn as you suggested and it copied fine, thanks.

Last edited:
Back