is this true

i-zombie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hello there-im new here so please bear with me!
i recently was given a ntl box which im told was chipped its a pace ditv-2000 it came with a card in it which has a planet on it and it says purple fun galaxy

now ive had a look around the forums and im assuming i have a fun card-my freind tells me he can get me an auto update card for this box but from what ive read i dont see how this is possible , also in the service menu it tells me i have 60000 credit ??? after getting it all set up i only get some free view channels (i.e bbc 1,2,3 ect) now i guess my questions are

1 what card do i have

2 are auto update cards for real

3 whats my best course of action to get everything on it

thanks for reading any help/info appreciated thanks

craig:Cheers:

1 you have a funcard

2 yeah update cards are for real

3 find on if the card has te boxkey number on it............

you have a funcard . yes auto update is available , the card you are after would either be a tit2 or your best bet cos its cheaper an atmega 163.
have a search and a good read of tuitorals on atmega 163.

ok so if i paid 50 quid for one of these auto update cards would i still need to programme it again-also been reading bout vod areas what is this

thanks for replying so quick

Hi,

Have you got a programmer if so don't pay 50 squid

i havent got a programmer as of yet(bidding now on ebay for 1) but this is why imm askin
cos if i need ao fiddle round with the card best doin it myself

but the chap selling the auto update cards told me that i just stick it in and forget it -i shouldnt need to do anything

ive never used hex n what not so dont mind payin if it is just a case of sticking it in

dont pay nee one 50 quid for a card m8 he is just ripping your eyes out best bet like you said get a programmer and card do it your self and save your self half the price there's plenty of tuts on doing atmegas so youll not get stuck

good look m8

ok thanks for the replys-could sum1 tell me sumthing bout the auto update cards,do u have to do owt with it once its in

no m8 thats why the are called auto.

dont give that bloke 50 quid any more , the peeps on here will help you to sort it out!!!

Cheers Garry

ok guess ill do it mysen then,will any card programmer work,and can i make an auto update card-im gunna go see if i can buy what i need tommorow so any help on what i should look for will b appreciated -thanks

look for a pheonix / smart mouse compatible programmer....the infinity USB unlimted is a good one!

Do a search for more info on programmers and how to get the box key off your fun card

so do i need a blank card or can i do summat wi the one that came wi this boxx its a funcard

you can use your funcard if its not locked , and here is a good place to get a programmer from.
h**p://www.unapit.com/
and have a good read up on this.

Cheers Garry

ok heres an obvious question how do i tell if its locked,
also would i be able to buy a programmer at a high street type store as i dont have a credit card
wouldnt it b cheaper to just buy the auto update card ??
again thanks to all for their input and help

violentj said:
ok heres an obvious question how do i tell if its locked,
also would i be able to buy a programmer at a high street type store as i dont have a credit card
again thanks to all for their input and help

Atmega163 is the one you want m8....

i dont have a credit card

Send them cash and REC the letter , sound!!!!!

Cheers Garry

ok thanks,im still confused regarding the auto update card tho iie if i did buy one once its in the box is that it ,just forget about it and enjoy all the channels or does it need fiddling with someware down the line
im gunna have a look round some store in leeds 2mora c if i can find a programmer thers some disc stores i think may sell em thanks for ur help folks

ok after having a look thru the begginers guide im a tad worried,in the engineers menu on my box on page 7 from what i have gathered my card isnt locked
yet card status has been please wait for an age and ippv is n/a could any1 tell me what this means please

Take your time and read through the guides, the advantage of doing the card for yourself is that you can spread the happiness through your m8's houses and get a lot of ale in return. Also if the cc's do change things and the cards don't au any more, it won't be too long before a new au image/ crack is out, that way you can reprog your own card instead of paying sone shister 50 notes every time....
Enjoy and happy reading......

capcomind said:
Take your time and read through the guides, the advantage of doing the card for yourself is that you can spread the happiness through your m8's houses and get a lot of ale in return. Also if the cc's do change things and the cards don't au any more, it won't be too long before a new au image/ crack is out, that way you can reprog your own card instead of paying sone shister 50 notes every time....
Enjoy and happy reading......

I agree!! once youve learned to do it yourself it beats paying someone who is basically doing something your capable of doing...

The AU cards will from time to time require the card to be wiped clean and the image put back on as the ppv will fill up any reserves.... depends on how much you order i guess!

read through the guides and do a search...all the infos here and there if you look :)

Back