Is this the most Incompetent freight service

rab1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Is this the most Incompetent freight service in the UK?
Order Placed with the lighting Company Leeds, on 11th June and still not received. Was dispatched on 15th at 14.51. at a cost of £22 GBP.
Has up to now taken 8 working days to deliver a 2.1 KG parcel 185 miles.
This Company is XDP Express in Birmingham. Anyone had a service like this for the price.
Parcel Force UK 2.20KG picked up Friday delivered, Monday AM at a Cost of £21 GBP.
Why are they not used more by Company's?

Last edited:
XDP are bad

had a 145kg weights set delivered by them yesterday - to a block of flats down the road - they didint knock on my door, telephone me, leave a card or squat

I only found out as the guy who took them in (who I'd never met before) came round last night - fortunately he was honest - things coudl have got interesting if he hadnt been

so I had to haul them down 6 flights of stairs - across 50 yrds, and then back up 6 flights to get them

as I understood it couriers were supposed to deliver stuff, or leave a card if they couldnt be arsed unloading - not just give my stuff to anyone passing and not bother to notify me

taking the piss or what

I work for Parcelfarce and for some reason they do seem to have a bit a bad reputation. I know from working at out Stoke depot that ALL the drivers that go out try to ensure that what ever is on their van is delivered on time and to provide a good service. I suppose that bad reputation comes with being one of the largest delivery companies in the UK, everyone moans when they get bad service but no one says anything when they have had good service. I've never heard of the company you've mentioned but from you've said they do sound a bit shite. I cringe when I know I have something coming via HDNL because in the past parcels have been thrown over out 7ft high side gate.

I work for Parcelfarce and for some reason they do seem to have a bit a bad reputation. I know from working at out Stoke depot that ALL the drivers that go out try to ensure that what ever is on their van is delivered on time and to provide a good service. I suppose that bad reputation comes with being one of the largest delivery companies in the UK, everyone moans when they get bad service but no one says anything when they have had good service. I've never heard of the company you've mentioned but from you've said they do sound a bit shite. I cringe when I know I have something coming via HDNL because in the past parcels have been thrown over out 7ft high side gate.

Yeah it amazes me that amazon use hdnl. They have a terrible track record.

HDNL has a massive fail on monday - i tried to send something and they never turned up. interparcel sorted it out by upgrading me for free to UPS next day. apparently they picked up nothing for anyone on monday

I've had bad dealings with HDNL in the past.

I use parcelmonkey.com now and get Citylink next day door to door for £7.04 for upto 10kg. Done lots of deliveries with them and no problems.

Never had a problem with Parcelforce but Citylink are the worst in my experience.

i used to work for hdnl..

was funny getting to a delivery for a 52" screen, that DINIT require a signature.

needless to say it stayed on the van as they werent in..

like with any company they may get bad rep.. but its the staff that cause the rep.

i had a clean record, only times things were damaged were long haul had brought them in..

even then i told the customer at the door it had been damaged prior to gettiing on my van so ring up and moan..

i got my 42"tv delivered by city link, i saw the van pull & looked out of the window and he was just getting it out of the side door, he committed the ultimate sin, he slid the tv out & let it drop to the floor. i then went to the door to tell him to put it back on, but he was part way up the path & when i got to him the tv slid from the packaging & landed on the concrete path. i helped him put it back in the box. when it was packed again (to a fashion) he had a look of astonishment when i told him i would help him put it back on the van. the pr1ck thought i was mad not to accept it.

I'd like to nominate fastwaycouriers. I once had a parcel take over a week to get here, with a delivery card that only contained a mobile number that was some temp employees personal mobile number ... with an explicit answer phone message from his girlfriend/wife/mistress. No depot details at all, no company contact details and they seem to be a franchise company - with this franchise been a one man band !

XDP are bad

had a 145kg weights set delivered by them yesterday - to a block of flats down the road - they didint knock on my door, telephone me, leave a card or squat

I only found out as the guy who took them in (who I'd never met before) came round last night - fortunately he was honest - things coudl have got interesting if he hadnt been

so I had to haul them down 6 flights of stairs - across 50 yrds, and then back up 6 flights to get them

as I understood it couriers were supposed to deliver stuff, or leave a card if they couldnt be arsed unloading - not just give my stuff to anyone passing and not bother to notify me

taking the piss or what

so is that a cheap set of weights going or sale then?

the worst couriers i have ever had the multiple misfortune to deal with is shitty link........preston branch, what a bunch of tw@ts they consistently are.

everytime i have ordered from ebuyer, ordered nextday guaranteed, alway arrived 3 or 4 days later.

ordered two laptops for christmas, took 12 days for them to get them fecking 100 miles, then to take the piss even more, told me the wouldnt deliver that day (granted it was snowing) , asked if i can pick up, told no.

repeatedly rung, got fobbed off, then told to fook off.

rung head office, who got onto them, told me to go over and pick up.

bearing in mind this is no christmas eve and these laptops are presents.

gets over there, told me no one from head office has rung and i should never of been told to come over to collect.

told me my parcel wasnt even in the depot, even though on pc accordering to head orifice it was, told me computers where down, come back in an hour.

2 ft of snow, 40 mile drive....cheers.

came back, told me that they wouldnt be emptying the lorry untill after christmas.

at this point myself and a few other irate customers, said almost in panto fashion "OH YES YOU WILL!!!!!!!!!!!"

the most simple workshy set of gobshites i have ever had the misfortune of wanting to stab repeatedly.

and dhl stole my shower, then delivered it to the wrong house and after repeately telling me i was lying that i have received it, admitted they had delivered it to 134 on my street , despite me living in house number that is no where near that, unless of course 18 is some sort of fibbonacci type series ala da vinci code, i dont know.

but shitty link are the worst.

so is that a cheap set of weights going or sale then?

the worst couriers i have ever had the multiple misfortune to deal with is shitty link........preston branch, what a bunch of tw@ts they consistently are.

everytime i have ordered from ebuyer, ordered nextday guaranteed, alway arrived 3 or 4 days later.

ordered two laptops for christmas, took 12 days for them to get them fecking 100 miles, then to take the piss even more, told me the wouldnt deliver that day (granted it was snowing) , asked if i can pick up, told no.

repeatedly rung, got fobbed off, then told to fook off.

rung head office, who got onto them, told me to go over and pick up.

bearing in mind this is no christmas eve and these laptops are presents.

gets over there, told me no one from head office has rung and i should never of been told to come over to collect.

told me my parcel wasnt even in the depot, even though on pc accordering to head orifice it was, told me computers where down, come back in an hour.

2 ft of snow, 40 mile drive....cheers.

came back, told me that they wouldnt be emptying the lorry untill after christmas.

at this point myself and a few other irate customers, said almost in panto fashion "OH YES YOU WILL!!!!!!!!!!!"

the most simple workshy set of gobshites i have ever had the misfortune of wanting to stab repeatedly.

and dhl stole my shower, then delivered it to the wrong house and after repeately telling me i was lying that i have received it, admitted they had delivered it to 134 on my street , despite me living in house number that is no where near that, unless of course 18 is some sort of fibbonacci type series ala da vinci code, i dont know.

but shitty link are the worst.

Ive had constant murder with shittylink. They sent one of my parcels to back to america, lol.

On another occasion they failed to deliver 3 times, left no card.
So I rang the branch and kicked off, only to be told that they HAD been to my house, of which I had been in the front garden ALL day. He insisted that he had been to my house, it was the one with the UPVC door. Half the fucking country has got a UPVC door, ffs.
I ended up having to go miles to the depot to collect it.

Infact now I think about it, they have never successfully delivered anything to me. All seven occasions I have had to pick it up. :( Tossers.

@hackmax, you're only pissed off because you ran up such a phone bill ;P

Dhl av had a prob win them

I had told the seller to put on if no answer to leave at number 33 as that's the granny's and see as she's 78 n always in "house bound" but anyway i took that day off work and waited in all day till 1pm nothing had come so i rang the seller got the tracking number go's to the site and it said returned to base so i ring's them up!!
talk's to some bitch she tells me i was out and it had went back on the van so i asks her why it did not get left at n33 they were out aswell Ok i says so how come i have been in all day n33 has been in all day and nothing or no one has come to the door's no the driver has been so as am talking as looking at the cctv recordings from 10:30 -11:30 told her what i was doing still got told i was out so i went back to 11:00 then to the time on her note's 11:10 turns the sound up so she could here!!
Still i was out. Called the driver a lair she then say i cant do that,I can do what i like so i asked to talk to the depo manager got the same shit off him i was out i called the driver a lair he then say he would give the call recording to the driver so he could take me to court as he has GPS to prove he's been (CCTV x4 see both road's and both door;s) So i say's do the fooker as i have the cctv for that day and am more than happy to go to court we will see who win's eh!!
"I THINK HE NEW I WAS RIGHT AS WE ARE TALKING"
His big hard we can take you to court shit soon stopped
So i asked him why the driver did not leave it at N33 they were out ...
so i put it to him how a 78 year old women who's house bound could be out ??
Stumped the fooker with that one Told him to come out and see Did not want anything to do with it!!
So i asked Him what did the driver put on the card as they have to explain about the door and "IE NUMBER 6 PINK DOOR NO ANSWER"
That ****** driver said knocked on N29 white door
BINGO ok so he knocked on N29 white door yes!!!!!!!!
WELL HOW COME BOTH MY FOOKING DOOR'S ARE BROWN?????
CLAMPED
3 hours later knock at the door Bingo my stuff!!
That fella on the phone made the driver come back to work and do the fooking job he should of done in the first place fooking lieing twat so what if it was two day's before Xmass you still have to do you job's!!!
so guess who i dont use to get and send items ...

Back