is this some sort of scam or just somethin fishy

dave_c

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
just recieved this in my email , but i have not bought anything from ebay for months now , have checked my ebay account not by any links on any mails and also my paypal account and my bank account , there are is no transactions showing on ebay , no moneys been added or taken on my paypal account , and nothing been taken from my bank account , this is the mail i recieved

This email confirms that you, have paid xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx $29.99 USD using PayPal.

This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Payment Details

Item # Item Title Quantity Price Subtotal
8148724665 AUTHENTIC GUCCI CLASSIC DUAL SIDE KEY RING / CHAIN 1 $21.99 USD $21.99 USD

Shipping & Handling via USPS Priority Mail to 914XX
(includes any seller handling fees) $8.00 USD
Shipping Insurance (optional) : $0.00 USD

Total: $29.99 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To cancel this transaction go here : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team
Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the "Help" link in the footer of any page

To receive email notifications in plain text instead of HTML, update your preferences

PayPal Email ID PP120

anyone shed any light on it or am i just being paranoid about it

When you checked your account was the same message there? Any email they send you also appears in your account messages. If you don't have a copy in account messages the email is fake.

no there was no message in my paypal account , and nothing had been taken out of it . have had another one come in saying exactly the same thing

@elkopite

thanks for that mate , think i will do as a lot of the others on there have done and forward it to paypal

the same thing happened to me a couple of months ago what NOT to do is open any links to ebay via the email.

wasnt any links to bay on it , all the links were supposedly paypal ones , even then i still never clicked on any

have forwarded it to paypal , will wait and see wat comes back from them

NEVER EVER open the links from the email - EBAY emails are one of the commonest scams at the moment.

for a start when u use pay pal is doesnt show up as pay pal on your statements at all id phone paypal and forward on the email to them im sure they will be intrested if they didnt send it

Back