Is this OK to post??

chrome307

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi there

A friend of mine (sound's dodgy already!), would like to learn how to 'clone' a NTL modem. He gave me two diagrams which he built a gizmo which connects to the modem and then apparently you have to use Hyper Terminal or a DHCP sniffer ?????

Anyway I have the software/diagrams etc can I post these up for comment?

chrome

BTW If the MODS say 'NO' don't PM for the material

Is it a level converter from RS232 (-13V to +13V) to 0-3.3/5V TTL?

Sometimes called a MAX232 interface or RS232 interface, there are some diagrams here but it's a commonly used interface.

Looks like it, I have two diagrams on paper one which has 232 and the other one has 233 ie MAX233 Convertor.

Can I PM a link to the pic?

chrome

just dl the pic and upload it m8 with ur post and yeah u can talk about a max233 max232 i have one meself lol :D thanks to a certian someone ;)

your not thinking of using you subbed modem are you? becaause if they ever come to check it out your gunna have to like put it back to normal sharpish :p

its ok if he uses USB, But if your running a sub on n-work card a clonned will need another n-work card, or use smac to spoof it.

mis-read yea dont mod your sub, buy another to work with, you could check to see if the ntl logo is there on your sub 192.168.100.1 root for name and password is also root

Hi there

Sorry missed these posts last night..........it was late! LOL

When I get back home I'll show you the diagrams I have only one appears to work (232) and the MAX233 (Nokia cable) doesn't.

As I have pointed out it's for a friend so, I need to ask him what the exact problem is, he did mention something about HyperTerminal not working and that his box reset itself 5 times and now he can't get it to work...........talking gibberish now I guess LOL

Anyway I'll find out this evening and show the links including a screendump of the files that he is using.

Thanks again guys!

chrome

Back