Mobile Phones Is this legal ??

DJJama

Inactive User
Reaction score
I just found this on my phone from when i was returning from Egypt this summer.

Is this legal in any country, freedom of speech and all that.

Jama

I just found this on my phone from when i was returning from Egypt this summer.

Is this legal in any country, freedom of speech and all that.

Jama

lol. Eygpt has no freedom of speech mate, like many other islamic countries. Or dictatorships they can do what they see fit.

I though so.

But 5 years for speaking ffs :I

Jama

that looks like and airport sign

if you were at heathrow and started talking about hijacking or bombs you would very quickly have a few men with sub machine guns pointing at you.

there have been quite a few people who when asked abut their luggage in the uk at check-in have made flippant remarks about bombs in there case who seriously wish they hadn't.

there are somethings that freedom of speech and civil liberties have to go out the window. if the safety of 400 passengers is in anyway compromised by the chat of two then in my book the two chatting are delayed and investigated and the 398 go with confidence on their flight.

that looks like and airport sign

if you were at heathrow and started talking about hijacking or bombs you would very quickly have a few men with sub machine guns pointing at you.

there have been quite a few people who when asked abut their luggage in the uk at check-in have made flippant remarks about bombs in there case who seriously wish they hadn't.

there are somethings that freedom of speech and civil liberties have to go out the window. if the safety of 400 passengers is in anyway compromised by the chat of two then in my book the two chatting are delayed and investigated and the 398 go with confidence on their flight.
It is at an airport.

And yes it is extremely stupid to make any such comment in an airport and I think it is right people get a stern warning etc..
However I just think it is a bit over the top you could get 5 years in jail for a sarcy remark.

Jama

yeah i think that sharm el shiek airport i saw that sign

It is at an airport.

And yes it is extremely stupid to make any such comment in an airport and I think it is right people get a stern warning etc..
However I just think it is a bit over the top you could get 5 years in jail for a sarcy remark.

Jama

Well maybe engage the brain and don't actually say anything then. Egypt is full of Islamic terrorist organisations from numerous nationalities. You'd seriously have to be a moron or pissed to make any of these comments in such a highly sensitive country.
Anyone who does deserves everything they get.

I though so.

But 5 years for speaking ffs :I

Jama

Its a safety device mate to protect yourself and other passengers. Last thing you want is airport security investigating a fookin staag doo whilst some nutcase boards Eygptair wearing a pair of Y front filled with semtex.

Its nothing to do with islam.

Warning message at airport basically saying don't make any 'funny' comments at security else I suspect upto 60 months in the slammer and I am sure it won't be plesent in Eygpt

oneman he didn't say the sign was anything to do with islam m8, think he was just stating that Egypt is full off islamic terrorists :) don't think many work at the airport.... perhaps a few.

I think this country should be more harder like other countrys on people. Not just with airport security but with EVERYTHING because its taking the piss what people get away with nowadays.

Back