Is This Illegal???

DEE747

Inactive User
Reaction score
Is This Illegal???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my sister has had VIRGIN round to her house cos her son wanted his broadband speed cheecking out , whilst they wer ther they noticed she had a 4 in 1 splitter and ask her if she had got any other boxes or modems in the house , and she said NO but they seemed a bit suss ! any way they cut her other feeds to bedroom and left it with 2 connections which is wat she shud have , ( cough ! box has since moved on !)
but to my main question "" is it illegal to run a feed to another TV and use this JUST as a freeview / digital ariel ??? or can they stop u from doing this ?? i have put feeds into both my kids rooms purely for the digital ariel only and just put a female connection on for tv am i ALLOWED / NOT ALLOWED to have this setup ??

Without reading their T&C's I'm pretty sure you cant 'modify' their equipment in any way. then again the splitter is your property so I'm sure they couldn't mess with it without your permission.

Rumpole would find you guilty of trying to get free cable LOL

Im pretty sure once your past the brown box outside the equiptment is yours. (wiring) not boxes..lol
Cant see that it be illegal, its not being plugged into a box just tv... tv isnt capable of decoding the signal to get pay channels.

As far as I know, they are the only ones allowed to split the line but most people do it themselves. But I could be wrong...it has been known to happen quite frequently.

lol yeh no sh-t !! i suppose if the line was ok at the box then no reason to have a problem with it . i have split off my broadband connection in the bedroom into my other rooms so they cannot see it and no reciever signal emitting cos its got no box just tv so they wouldn`t even tell if they used THE VAN !! down the road , ? well thats my guess anyway

splitters and wires are thier property.. the signal that runs through the wires is there property too.. lol..

the splitters tend to loose signal strength.. and their service promise could not be fulfilled if the signal is bad..

some engineers are brand new.. but some are grumpy as f**k.. I wouldnt worry.. as long as they didnt see the "equipment"

the wireing (apart from telephone extensions which are your property reguardless of who installed them) is virmins property and still part of their network. the reason behind this is if you split using poor splitters or f cons etc or even not tightening f cons you can cause ingress and or egress which can cause major problems with noise not only for you but for other people useing the same cabinate as you. it only really makes a difference if a lot of wireing is poorly done fed from the same cab but that is their reasoning.

Back