Is this for real or is it a comedy show?

Yes. The UK can have multiple trade agreements outside the EU, provided it is not in a Customs Union. A Customs Union means forfeiting the right to negotiate multiple trade agreements as the Customs Union takes responsibility for that.

But would this allow us to have free trade agreements with other countries at the same time?
Yes.
The UK can deal with India, Africa, and the eskimos.
Best deals there going to get.
There neighbours (EU) dont want anything to do with them unless they pay up.
Expect all your goods to go up in price unless there made in UK or you order snowballs from the eskimos.
😂

Just like the last outfit in charge it will be “on your own”

Then the UK will make this there anthem.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What you think of new anthem @chookey
😂

Last edited:
Erm, why would your goods go up? You do know the UK would set import tariffs? The issue is more one of would our exports become less competitive, given the EU would set THEIR import tariffs!

So basically what we are asking we EU for is for the UK to be a free trade port for the entire world, we ignore tariffs that the EU have imposed on non EU countries as we want and expect to have a 0% tariff with the EU and will then have a 0% tariff with other countries allowing us to put a markup on goods but still keep it cheaper than what the EU tariff would be.

If I can see though this then I am sure that qualified EU reps can

No. Leave is proposing to exit the Customs Union and negotiate trade agreements in its own right. Tariffs are then a matter for trading countries, rather than the Customs Union. Additionally, it is proposed that leaving the Political Union will be beneficial, assuming we reform our mechanism of Government. Long overdue in my opinion.

This is where EU law is superior to UK law. Like the VAT Harmonisation Directive, the UK can't set its own VAT rates.

This is where EU law is superior to UK law. Like the VAT Harmonisation Directive, the UK can't set its own VAT rates.
Really!!!!

I remember electrical goods got a 2.5% increase on VAT in 2011 from 17.5% to 20% and was passed within UK law?
23% VAT in ireland?

How does EU have a hold on nations VAT rates?

Not so. The EU has a minimum rate of 15%, but member countries can set any rate they like as long it isn’t below this figure.

I see. So the UK is not ALLOWED to set a rate below 15% and you count that as 'setting any rate we like'? I love elastic facts!

It's a two way street. Reading posts #68, #70, and #71 in sequence provides a perfect illustration. Post #71(manic01 liked it. 🙄 ) is a perfect example of how to use a truncated quote to misrepresent what was actually said.

You're off your game this morning m8.

No. Leave is proposing to exit the Customs Union and negotiate trade agreements in its own right. Tariffs are then a matter for trading countries, rather than the Customs Union. Additionally, it is proposed that leaving the Political Union will be beneficial, assuming we reform our mechanism of Government. Long overdue in my opinion.

You still have not explained that we have a trade deal with India with 0% tariffs and a trade deal with the EU with 0% tariffs, and France had a tariff of 50% on coconuts from India, what would stop those coconuts going via the UK to France and avoiding the 50% tariff?

You still have not explained that we have a trade deal with India with 0% tariffs and a trade deal with the EU with 0% tariffs, and France had a tariff of 50% on coconuts from India, what would stop those coconuts going via the UK to France and avoiding the 50% tariff?
It's called fair play. If we act as a conduit to allow France to forego paying a tariff then India would either cease trade with us or more likely impose the 50% tariff on us.
Why would any Country interfere with anothers' trade deal anyway?

Actually @JonMMM it is because we wouldn't be in a Customs Union so clearing UK customs wouldn't automatically allow goods to be shipped into the EU without first clearing EU customs. Going through EU customs the shipping documents would reveal the country of origin and the correct EU tariff would be applied. That's standard throughout the world, you have to show country of origin.

It's a two way street. Reading posts #68, #70, and #71 in sequence provides a perfect illustration. Post #71(manic01 liked it. 🙄 ) is a perfect example of how to use a truncated quote to misrepresent what was actually said.

You're off your game this morning m8.

Not at all, you provided the expected answer but completely missed the point. If we can only set VAT rates within parameters set out in the VAT Harmonisation Directive then we are not setting our own rates. Of course, VAT revenue is used in part to calculate our contribution so the EU wouldn't want member states reducing it now would they? Bit of cognitive bias on your part perhaps?

Article 24 of the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (Gatt).

Supporters of a no-deal Brexit say it would allow the UK to continue to trade with the EU without tariffs (taxes on goods crossing borders) for up to 10 years, while the two sides negotiated a permanent future trade agreement.

Honestly remainers, grow some balls. Road workers advise going on here. Let's all gather round, talk sh1te while looking down a hole and get well paid for doing f.a then, when the bullcrap chat ends just leave cones up and a sign saying "Work in Progress" while all along nothings actually getting done.
Leave, figure it out later. Once the fans spinning and it's wall to wall in turds that's when heads bang together,
Do you want me to do it ?, We'll be reet for Monday boxed off..out and back to normal before the Prem ko's

Last edited:
All this from a TV show post? Wow...

Psssst - I voted leave............

Back