is this all I need to do ??

gazupnorth

DW Member ++
Reaction score
I have recently downloaded and FTP'd the "new au files" into the keys folder on my commando 8 image.
Is that all there is to it?
what will happen when the keys roll again? (I'm using evocamd on ucode 0014.)
When the keys roll next time how long will it take to auto-update. Anyone know from experience ??

delete the old files, replace them then restart the CAM or reboot.

should do it straight away. mine rolled yesterday i think, it took a couple of minutes to work - but it did.

i'm on 001A, evocam, ex-TW with only ROM7 enabled.

I have recently downloaded and FTP'd the "new au files" into the keys folder on my commando 8 image.
When the keys roll next time how long will it take to auto-update. Anyone know from experience ??

The keys should update immediately. Worst case scenario will be a picture freeze or black screen, but a reboot will sort you out.

All the best

You can test it quite easy

Use your remote to go into the files and delete the lines on keys in the keytxt folder. Save the changes and restart the box.

As you have no keys it will have to update for it to come to life. Only takes half a minute on a scrambled channel.

thanks 4 the replies chaps, I'll try deleting the keys and see what happens !!

Back