Is this a scam ????? help

chadda

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok the missus isn’t the sharpest knife in the draw when it
Comes to computers but give her due she is quite competent
She ordered a body styling thera band from eb she thought she
Had paid for it through pay pal, but payment hadn’t been made.
The company seems to have vanished from eb now ??
The missus received a letter which I have attached,
The letter is in German so I haven’t a clue what it is
Maybe MGB could help translate ???

( you will have to zoom in to read sorry )

I said, tell em to fook off but being a woman she is thinking
All sorts so she wrote to eb to which they said there is no
Such company on there books so if you purchased this from
Another company other than eb we cannot help you she
Mailed them back with

This…………
I did purchase the goods on ebay site, when I went to pay for the goods I thought the payment
had gone through in fact the money was never deducted from my acount.The amount of 4.72 euros.
I began to get emails from Spabecher Woolfgang,The emails
I received from the company were in German so I did not understand the contents.
Each email I received I replied that I was not understanding what they were saying
to me. Thursday 14th December 2006 I received what appears to be from a finance
company Media Finanz demanding 32.22 euros.

( So I told here I would ask the forum )
Regards

Last edited:
Roughly translated by babel fish and then tidied up to make sense. I've used square brackets '[ ]' to indicate may comments.

"Dear Madame

Our client has asked us to send this open demand. They sold to you on the 6/10/2006 the following item:
  • 1xE 20-3 Body-Styling with the Thera-Band
For this purchase you owe the amount of 4,72 Euro. Unfortunately you have not paid on past reminders, last dated 20.11.2006. In order to avoid further cost, we request, the outstanding sums are settled immediately.

The total amount owed currently breaks down as follows:

Basic demand 4,72 Euro
Reminder costs 5,00 Euro
Before-judicial collection fees 19,00 Euro
Before-judicial collection-laid out 3,50 Euro
Total amount still open (as of 07.12.2006) 32,22 Euro

The total amount of 32,22 Euro should be paid within 10 days, at the latest 17.12.2006, to be paid under the indication of the reference on our account [i.e. state the reference number (Ihr Aktenzeichen) when paying].

At the expiration of this time we will start the judicial reminder procedure in accordance with §§ 688 ff. ZPO, whereby costs for court and, if necessary, also enforcement-costs lawyer for the bailiff if it comes to it, these can be substantial.

Judicial execution proceedings can affect your credit rating. It is therefore within your interest to pay within the set period. If you will have difficulties paying in full please use the form overleaf to pay by installments.

With obligatory greeting
Department of late-payment notice."

If you did buy from eBay this is the correct method of filing a non-paying bidder dispute: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/tp/unpaid-item-process.html. If I read your OP correctly it sounds like the seller got suspended from eBay but wants their money from the sale.

Hello CHADDA
my wife also got scammed by a company called TIGER GAME their site was very proffessional looking she bought Mario Kart for the nintendo DS paid £19.99 through paypal we never recieved the game or any correspondance from them..but when we googled their email address it took us to this site were loads of other people had been scammed by the same company....anyway heres the site (it's an excellent site for consumer help)
i hope it helps mate..
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

alright Chadda,

its definately a scam, but I suppose it could not cause you any harm.. These emails obviously claim that they can get you in trouble if you dont make a payment but hey.. they not even in UK... so there you go..

Have you signed a contract? Do you have any record in your ebay account for a purchase? Have you received any goods? If the answer is NO, then either ignore the e-mails, or resend them to ebay fraud department

First of all many thanks lads for your response plus an extra thanks
To little pob for taking the time to translate the letter much appreciated.

Yes I think it’s a scam -----but the missus panics at things like that brings it
Home to you when you think of all the poor sods who get sucked into
These scams.
As suggested I will send eb an e-mail, the thing that I can’t get my
Head round though is she clicked on buy on eb didn’t realise she
hadn’t paid for it so never received the goods so how did they get
Our address to send the letter ???? Mmmm
Once again cheers lads & all the best

Back